Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taiwanese Food & Snacks

Hi girls...

Have anyone tried the new taiwan snacks that is in town and currently quite popular? I don't think its very new also .

If I'm not wrong, they have the XXL fried chicken, the oyster mee sua and the crepe with floss..

Share your yummy food experience..

Cheers.

Had that @ their Plaza Singapura store. Major disappointment.

I tried the oyster mee suah and the chicken fillet. The mee suah is only barely warm and the oyster is precooked. The chicken fillet is only passable. IMO totally not worth the money. Very different from the original ones sold in taiwan night market.

Comment

I tried the chicken and it is so salty. The original from Taiwan is much better than this.

Comment

On & off i eat their fried chicken. Tasted very MSG-saturated although they were only showered w/ cinnamon powder, salt & pepper. (maybe pre-mixed w/ MSG, :huh: )

Side track abit can?
        i stopped for awhile due a bad personal encounter at FEP.
        2 weeks ago while i was pigging out on 1 portion of chicken & 1 portion of porkfloss crepe on a bench opp Guardian Pharmacy, then an Indian couple went pass me & farted real loud, the Sound Surround effect plus the smell factor was so high my both items went into the bin. :puke:

Somehow can't pluck enough courage to eat them anymore.

Comment

i tried the mee suah and the chicken at FEP. i thought they are quite good? the mee suah taste quite nice. and the chicken is crispy, hmm maybe a bit salty. i have not taste the original taiwan snacks so i couldn't compare.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkyGal
            i tried the mee suah and the chicken at FEP. i thought they are quite good? the mee suah taste quite nice. and the chicken is crispy, hmm maybe a bit salty. i have not taste the original taiwan snacks so i couldn't compare.
            What is the whitish stuff they garnish w/ ?
            They put chili paste too? Spicy?

Comment

ant , u mean for the chilli paste for mee suah? u can choose to put or not to put, the staff will ask if you want chilli. i say a bit. so he just put a bit at the side.
              for the chicken is also quite pepperish. so after eating this 2, i feel i need to get a very cooling drink.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkyGal
                ant , u mean for the chilli paste for mee suah? u can choose to put or not to put, the staff will ask if you want chilli. i say a bit. so he just put a bit at the side.
                for the chicken is also quite pepperish. so after eating this 2, i feel i need to get a very cooling drink.
                Thanks so much. While in Q, i saw many buyers requested the crew not to add the oysters, they taste bad? Got sandy or fishy smell? Sorry for so many questions.

Comment

i don't eat oysters so i don't know. haha. but my friend ate them. she never really comment anything on the oyster. so don't think its too bad. maybe those people don't take them(like me)?
                  don't worry, i am pleased to share them with you. especially on food!!!

Comment

i ever taken You-Tiao Da-Wang's mee suah. OMG, freaked out as i found rings of pigs' big intestines in it so i have phobia eating mee suah esp those of Taiwanese origin.

Comment

oh, i havn't try the mee suah at You-Tiao Da-Wang, but i always wanted to try. but i never know that they put intestines...
                      but anyway, i still do take a little bit of the pig's intestines. so overall how does the mee suah taste like, the one at You-Tiao Da-Wang?

Comment

Bit salty, bit sweet. Color vy similar for both. Got a strong tau-ki taste. I mean wrinkled beancurb stick.

Ok, i will go try the oyster version, this time i will stand upright to eat ah!!

Comment

ya, you should try the oyster mee suah. i feel that its quite nice. haha. my friend also agree with me. and their queue is always so long(the 1 at FEP), so i guess its still not so bad.

Comment

I think the oysters are those dried types? I didn't eat it but it looked like those.

Comment

really? oh i not too sure about this, i am not very into oysters, so even if its dried ones, i also won't know. haha

Comment

Working...
                              X