Cheap Eats in Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Eats in Town

Any good restaurants to recommend, esp new ones around orcahrd or bugis area?

Preferably below $15 per person.

Always don't know where to go when meeting up with friends. Am looking at restaurants other than nooch, crystal jade, sushi places, thanying and pasta cafe. :roll:

where else is good? thanx for ur help in advance!!!

I think Phin's steakhouse is not too bad for western meals!

I their beer batter fish and chips which is about S$11.90?
    It's located at Purvis street in Bugis (the mos burger area, go out of Bugis Junction and cross the street to the row of shophouses)

they have a newly opened branch in Cineleisure too!

Comment

where is it exactly at cineleisure?

thanx for the recommendations!

Comment

if i'm not wrong,the steakhouse is on the ground floor of cine,near long john/yoshi there...Near the escalator

Comment

alright, anymore suggestions as to where is good?

Comment

the stretch of restuarants along Liang Seah Street?

Comment

How bout Thai Express, they serve a really mean seafood tomyam soup there. And the maincourses are only around $8. I also like Coffee Club (pastas and desserts are good) and Marche, when I meet up with friends. nice atmosphere. ooh and i just love those plush red circular seats at Cafe Cartel. There's one @ at the basement of Orchard Cineleisure.

My favourite would be the Rice Table though, its indo-chinese restaurant at Penerakan Place, behind Centrepoint. They offer buffet-at-your-own-table. You can order as many dishes as you like, faves including chilli kangkong, egg tofu, beef rendang. Plenty of choices at only around $15/head inclusive of service/tax.

Pills: What don't you like bout Pasta Cafe?

Comment

Originally posted by scrapdoll
                Pills: What don't you like bout Pasta Cafe?
                hi there scrapdoll,

i LOVE pasta cafe!!! love it eversince 4-5 yrs back!! hahaha.... but i wanna try new restuarant.

always going to these usual ones. so i wanna try those not so popular ones or new ones.

thanx for ur help!
                Last edited by Glossie; 30-11-2004, 08:48 AM.

Comment

i love pastacafe too!! i adoreee everthing there from the avocado prawn salad to the spicy seafood pasta to the baked rice. IMO, the decor of the restaurant is quite inconspicuous and dull and un-eyecatching compared to other restaurants in town. people can just walk past w/o noticing it. anyway pastacafe's not very good for my pocket still a struggling student

Comment

Originally posted by scrapdoll

My favourite would be the Rice Table though, its indo-chinese restaurant at Penerakan Place, behind Centrepoint. They offer buffet-at-your-own-table. You can order as many dishes as you like, faves including chilli kangkong, egg tofu, beef rendang. Plenty of choices at only around $15/head inclusive of service/tax.

You mean its only $15?I spent about $22 per person for dinner

Comment

How abt V8 cafe located at Parco Bugis Junction Level 3? They serve western food like pasta, steak, chicken cutlet,etc... It shld cost within your budget...

I love their chicken cutlet btw... yum yum...

Comment

Is Pastacafe located at Taka B2? If that's the name of the place, I'm with scapedoll and Pills! Love their pasta to bits!

Cineleisure, I like Lips Cafe. Their mango smoothie is

Comment

Originally posted by artichoke
                          Is Pastacafe located at Taka B2? If that's the name of the place, I'm with scapedoll and Pills! Love their pasta to bits!

Cineleisure, I like Lips Cafe. Their mango smoothie is
                          yup, it is!!! it is located opp giodarno n mos burger!!

Comment

I've heard lots of raves for pasta cafe. What's the price range like?

Comment

Originally posted by PeLeCiA
                              You mean its only $15?I spent about $22 per person for dinner
                              oops i forgot to say $15 is for lunch..yup cheap right

Hi Amanda, just to give you a rough idea. its about
                              $7-10 for a salad. $13-$18 for pastas. and $12 for baked rice. the desserts there are very cheap but i havent tried them before.
                              Last edited by scrapdoll; 07-12-2004, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X