Awfully Chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awfully Chocolate

anyone tried buying cakes from there before? reviews? its located at joo chiat...have always wanted to try

SO loved the cake from there, and thought that I do too. It's been raved so much that I was surprised it didn't turn out as chocolate-y as I want. And it's not really moist. I've tried the Chocolate Banana mostly. I forgot the other two flavours they have though

If you like chocolate cakes, go for Spinelli's. Thanks to Sarsh who recommended this, it's the ultimate in chocolate cake. Even SO agrees now.
    Last edited by kare2711; 14-02-2004, 07:41 AM.

Comment

its really near to my place so its good when i want my chocolate cake fix (or we forget to get a birthday cake and pop out to get one )

the chocolate fudge cake isn't as moist as lana's but good enough for me

secret recepie (they have branches @ PS and suntec) have fantastic chocolate banana

Comment

yah i wanted to try the chocolate banana but i always forget abt this shop when i need to get a cake

lana is good..moist and chocolate-y..mum used to always order from them..

Comment

the other 2 flavours at Awfully are plain choco, and blackforest, IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by wendee
            lana is good..moist and chocolate-y..mum used to always order from them..
            yep! but they're out of the way for me.. plus you can't pop in and get a cake when you need it at the last minute. you can do that at awfully chocolate so its great when we feel like eating chocolate cakes at the last minute

Comment

Just discover that they have a website awfully chocolate , now you can get them to deliver to your doorsteps. There is a charge of $10 but I think it's quite worth it as the place is really out of the way for me! I have yet to try it but with the delivery service, I will definely give it a try

Comment

Pop by Awfully Choc once on a Sunday.. hopping to try out their cakes but was told that the cakes were all sold out! Those that remained were reserved for collection... Waiting to try soon after hearing all the raves bout it!

Personally, i the Choc Dome from Temptation!!
                Yummy! Rich choc in soft sponge topped with cocoa sprinkes!

Comment

The chocolate banana is incredibly moist. I lurrrve it!

Comment

chocolate rum&cherry
                    $25 per half kg
                    fudge double layers stuffed with black cherries
                    with light dash of rum

Had this for a friend's birthday! its not AS great as its raved about.. we could hardly taste the rum, and the cake was so-so only.. we were kinda disappointed...

Comment

they only have 3 favours avail.? :huh:

Comment

Ah I love the Chocolate banana...the girl staying next to me in my dorm works there and gave me a piece! Its supeerrr moist! YUM!

Comment

yeah that was pretty disappointing. plus the cake started melting really fast too! i'd stick to the chocolate banana

Comment

Used to order this for church mates' birthdays as it's nearby. Have tried the All Chocolate and Chocolate Banana. They are ok, think people like it because it is not very sweet and is moist.

Comment

They actually have a branch at bukit timah as well! I tried the normal chocolate fudge one and found it to be alright only. I must say it's nice but not as amazing as what the hype made it seem.
                              Maybe the banana chocolate one would be nicer! That's next on my list...

Oh! And the owner says she's come up with premium chocolate ice cream as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X