No announcement yet.

Turkish restaurant (with belly dancers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish restaurant (with belly dancers)

I'm looking for Turkish restaurant that has nice & cozy ambience, and preferably with belly dancing show Anyone knows?

i know of one at beach road. the building with the cinema theatre.

it's turkish but there's no belly dancers there!

Comment

Thank's Pills! Is it Sofra? How's the ambience?

I know there's one in Jakarta called Anatolia. Wonder if we have the same here

Comment

Sofra is the one at Beach Road.

There is a Anatolia, but I doubt it's a branch from Jakarta. That is at FEP. It serves the icecream made of goatmilk or something? :huh:

I think somewhere along Arab Street, there are some restaurants with "bellydancers", but they are not real bellydancers, just regular dancers who dressed up in the costumes.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_panda
          Thank's Pills! Is it Sofra? How's the ambience?

I know there's one in Jakarta called Anatolia. Wonder if we have the same here
          i think it should be 'coz there's only one rest there.

the ambience is so so, not very authentic or what. alright i would say for that price.
          Last edited by pulpy; 14-12-2004, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Thank's for the input gals!

Comment

whats good to eat there? i never tried turkish gourmet b4.

Comment

Kazbar at China Square has really nice dishes and also belly dancers! I tried their food through an event that catered food from them, very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmopolitan
                  Kazbar at China Square has really nice dishes and also belly dancers! I tried their food through an event that catered food from them, very nice!
                  Is it a place that you can sit down and eat at, though? What's the price range like?

Comment

i just came across another turkish rest at chijmes yesterday but no belly dancers i think.

u may want to check it out! =)

Comment

I ate at Sofra before, but the portions are not very big (in my opinion!), and I didn't really get to eat my fill. But that was a couple of years ago, so am not sure if they serve bigger portions now. Pricing wise, I would consider it mid-range.

As for Anatolia, the food is reasonably priced, and it's a nice place to rest at after a day of shopping!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmopolitan
                        I went to Kaz Bar recently. It was good. I ordered the hummus and a chicken wrap. They were delicious. Another highly recommended dish is the lamb.

I believe they only serve "finger" food after 6pm inside the restaurant...no cutlery needed type. But for the regular fare that needs cutlery, those will be served outdoors.

There was a bellydancer when I was there on a Thursday night. I think the performance is only on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? Can't remember if they have it on a Saturday too.

Comment

i've never tried turkish food before.. any recommendations for 1st timer (no lamb though) ? which is better? Sofra /Anatolia / Kaz Bar ??

Comment

I prefer Kaz Bar because of the ambience...but it is the most expensive of the 3. Anatolia is kinda like fast food type to me. Nothing fantastic, but good way to try the basic simple stuff.

Sofra is ok...not that memorable, but it has been a few years since i last dined there.

Comment

Working...
                            X