Fried Dough Fritter (You Tiao)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried Dough Fritter (You Tiao)

Had sudden craving for fried fritters. I haven't had them for ages and I don't even know where to get the nice ones. I think the last time I had it was in Geylang when having the beancurd.

i like dipping my yao chao gui into soya bean milk. Splurge!
    kekeke... esp love those that are fried on the spot, so crispy and crunchy. I like!!!! and i also like the butterfly thingie with sesame that they usually make also.

Coffee, your questions are answered here

I think there's a kopitiam stall near where we stay, at Beo Cres blk 40, where they fry you tiao on the spot. I can't confirm if they are still there cos i never go to the mkt for ages already.

I also think there's such a stall in Tiong bahru market also. These are only opened during morning breakfast hours, not those supper kind. Maybe u can go on sunday mornings. Maybe tmr i wake up early to go eat. hahaha...

Comment

Theres this stall in Maxwell hawker centre but i think they are open from 1pm onwards. Their yu tiao their cripsy and nice.

Comment

there's one at Tangs basement near the mrt underground walkway's escalators.

can eat and shop at same time.

Comment

Past : 1) Tang's B1's (U-Tell is its current store name)
          & 2) Lao-You-Tiao at Tampines Mall but standard dropped recently.

Now : On diet so NO MORE "OIL-FRIED-GHOST" for me!!

Comment

how about the shop on the route from boon lay mrt station to jurong point shopping mall that sells you tiao and other snacks? it's quite okay if u are the type that doesn't really want it to be too crispy.. it's 60 cents though. is it counted expensive?

Comment

hi prettyinpink, does it have those bad oily taste/smell? sorry dunno how to describe...

Comment

There's one stall selling Fried Dough Fritter in one of the hawker centres at Ang Mo Kio. I think the stall name is called Da San Yuan but I can't remember the street name.

Comment

I love the fried dough fritter in my congee. And if it is fresh out of the pan, I can eat it as it is, it smells so yummy. It cost $.40 each near my place, is that considered ok?

Comment

Originally posted by nicole
                    I have mine with porridge, Maxwell is where I go and the You Tiao (Fried Dough Fritter) store I buy from operates from 6am.
                    Oops sorry, i got mixed up the stalls. the stall that opens at 1pm is the one selling (Han Chee Peng) where you get to fry your own..

The You Tiao stall should be open in the morning..

Comment

Originally posted by ibonne
                      There's one stall selling Fried Dough Fritter in one of the hawker centres at Ang Mo Kio. I think the stall name is called Da San Yuan but I can't remember the street name.
                      i think you're referring to Blk 453 market. their you-tiao are kinda skinny.. and cost $0.40.
                      can try those store at shopping centre? bishan J8 basement have nice fried you-tiao and butterfly!
                      Tangs, to me is very oily! but aren't you tiao suppose to be oily?

Comment

i know JB city square had one selling very good Fried Dough Fritter ,it was at second floor now i not so sure the quality still there or not.Now very hard to find people doing fried dough fritter.

Comment

the stall outside jurong point sells nice you tiao too!

and my friend's recommendation is at toa payoh where the nice hokkien mee is located. she say it's super nice to be eating it with porridge early in the morning!

Comment

ooh...i love the geylang you tiao too. The soya bean drink is ****** nice also....and the shao bing.....and the best is..it's 24 hours so u can get them anytime...

Comment

i liek it when stuffed with minced prawn meat and the fry it.

Comment

Working...
                              X