Nice breakfast places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice breakfast places

Where can i find nice places for a sumptious western breakfast with delicious waffles and bacons etc ?

argh you're making me drool for the breakfast i had in melbourne. it was a little cafe in the park (carlton park IIRC)

breakfast in the park! what better place can there be? and the food was omelette comprising of mushrooms, cheese and ham on top of a toast

yum yum

i want to know where to get scrumptious western breakfast too!!

btw, i love BK's breakfast. they have croissants with bacon

Comment

Oh Wendee! The place u mentioned is making me drool and it's not lunch time yet!

Yeah. I am actually looking for someplace like what you described in Singapore. Hard to find huh ? Hmmm...

Comment

Ponine, not waffles but if its bacons, Breko at holland Village actually serves a pretty sumptious breakfast with Egg (sunny side up or scrambled your choice) Choice of either chipolata, bacon or ham, baked beans and grilled tomato with toast

All for about less than 5 or 6 bucks. There is coffee or tea included too!

HTHs!

Comment

cafecartel breakfast on weekends are fabulous!!

Comment

wow i didn't know breko had a breakfast menu (or i'm just too blur to notice it in the menu)

sounds yummy

ponine, my boy brought me to this cafe at botanical gardens before. its managed under the les amis group of restaurants but the standards of the food not superb. costs about $10 plus a person but serving is rather small.
            don't go on weekends though, the crowd kills the ambience.

hmm doesnt sound like a great place afterall ya? haha but thats the only cafe in the park i can think of in SG. saw a variety show on ch8 before and theres this little restaurant or something in a park in SG. anyone knows where it is?

Comment

Good thread! Used to love Denny's. Are there any more A&W's around? Loved their waffles!

Comment

Don't think A&W exist here anymore right? Love their waffles too

Comment

Originally posted by wendee
                  wow i didn't know breko had a breakfast menu (or i'm just too blur to notice it in the menu)

sounds yummy

ponine, my boy brought me to this cafe at botanical gardens before. its managed under the les amis group of restaurants but the standards of the food not superb. costs about $10 plus a person but serving is rather small.
                  don't go on weekends though, the crowd kills the ambience.

Betcha Wendee! :D Breko's breakfast crowds are crazy during the weekends. It's like a family outing there for some breakie!

Flyingpig, yeap, I dont see AW anymore...

Comment

I *** of a place that has nice waffles.. its called Waffletown. Its along bukit timah road. Near Newton circles MRT.. Its besides the 7 eleven store... Im not sure wad time it opens but it closes at 10pm

Comment

Originally posted by babygal87
                      I *** of a place that has nice waffles.. its called Waffletown. Its along bukit timah road. Near Newton circles MRT.. Its besides the 7 eleven store... Im not sure wad time it opens but it closes at 10pm
                      If you're talking about the one located at Balmoral, it's gone

Comment

Talking abt nice breakfast places... i'm still very much a local girl at heart on this. Move over bacon, sausages, waffles and pancakes, gimme local breakfast anytime!! kekeke...

My fave breakfast place is... Chin Mee Chin at East Coast road. It serves the most aromatic coffee, the traditional type brewed with the socks. There's various small snacks eg. cream puffs, mixed fruits cakes etc to choose from. And of cos not forgetting their kaya butter toast. Yummy!!! just writing abt this is making me drool. And i loveeeee the whole setting of the place, so old, so laid back, and most of all, the place is so real and warm, and not pretentious at all like those starbucks where ppl dress up, people watch and trying to look cool. Hahahaha....

Comment

CaramelGirl, I agree with you! I've been there once, and the place was really nice. Don't you think Katong has a very rustic feel!

Comment

UPDATE!!

I was breko yesterday night and I was shocked that they edited their menu. The most tempting ones were the breakfast sets. They have now included pancakes!! It has such a cute name "peterPAN"

They have salmonbrek also and lots of other new additions like muesli.

Will be checking out with SO during the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                              If you're talking about the one located at Balmoral, it's gone
                              There is a Waffletown inside the foodcourt by the park at SMU where you can have your waffles with ham, eggs, ice cream, whatever. And have it together with prata and kopi!

Speaking of the SMU foodcourt, this is OT but i really like the japanese food stall there, good food and very good value!

Oh, and I like the breakfast at Cafe Les Amis at Botanic Gardens that someone else mentioned. Think its decent value for about $10 - they serve two eggs (any style), a really nice fried whole tomato, sauteed mushrooms, sausages, hash browns, toast with butter and jam, coffee/tea, and either cut fruit or a fruit juice. Quality is pretty decent. Used to go at least twice a month - the bonus is that the dog can come along too (and mooch some egg and toast off me)

Comment

Working...
                              X