Peranakan Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peranakan Food

As above, where's a good place for your fave Peranakan dishes?
    Rendang, assam, buah keluak?

Penang Penang! was not bad for me, nice L-or bak and salads!
    Last edited by redpetal; 10-01-2005, 07:28 PM.

The name escapes me all of a sudden but I like the one at Binjai Park. There's a branch somewhere at East Coast as well if I'm not wrong.

Comment

that's Ivins at Binjai Park. I go there often too! the portion is small so i can get to try many dishes at one go.

Another favourite restaurant would be Peranakan Place along East Coast Road (near Holy Family Church). I've brought foreign guests there before and they gave it

Comment

i quite like Ivin's. But my uncle colleague told there is a better one near Upp Thomson, operates by a Peranakan lady who happy happy shutter up, not happy shutter down.

Need some luck to taste her food. & the seats in her store are less than my number of fingers!!!!

Anyone tried this?

Comment

I love the food of Peranakan Place! It totally whet up my appetite! Their pig intestine soup also nice!

Comment

And where's that, smabbit?

Comment

hi,

is Nonya the same as Perannakan? if so, i love their food! i ate Nonya laksa once and it was so good! not spicy at all, lotsa shredded cucumber, eggs and shrimps! i wish that there is some kinda Nonya laksa paste that i can buy and just make on my own.

Comment

I kind of like Blue Ginger but be warned that the size of portion is pathetic.

Comment

Ivins, been there since i was a kid and i still love it

pong tahu soup, honey bbq pork, lady fingers with sambal, and the list goes on!

Comment

Originally posted by redpetal
                    And where's that, smabbit?
                    hi redpetal, its the same place keiko mentioned along east coast road near a church opposite katong dumpling and boon tong kee.

Comment

and sorry its not pig intestine soup! its actually pepper pig's stomach soup "hu2 jiao1 zhu1 du3 tang1" & only available weekend before 8pm i think after 8plus most likely SOLD OUT because it taste real good.

Comment

yup, irvin's at upp thomson is good. affordable too!

Comment

Ivins's portions are really small!

Comment

Ivin's duck soup is good. I like Blue Ginger too.

Comment

There's a Casa Bom Cafe another Guan Hoe Soon along Joo Chiat, which serves up pretty decent Peranakan Food as well.
                              Last edited by baobei; 21-01-2005, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X