Which restaurant to eat at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which restaurant to eat at?

I visit Singapore often because of the great variety of food, but it's hard to know which restaurants to eat at- there's simply too many to choose from! Any help?

I would recommend Lavaedge at Macritchie Reservoir. It gives me a romantic and unique countryside ambience. You have to make reservation for the weekends because the seats are very few.

Comment

Thanks Julienne, I went to Lavaedge last weekend (having made a reservation beforehand of course) and the food was perfect, service was excellent and ambience was like no other

Comment

Welcome to ROLAND RESTAURANT PTE LTD
        must try the chilli crabs

Comment

I had dinner at Bonta restaurant couple of weeks back. The food is authentic Italian and amazing. Got to try the crab meat linguine and fried zucchini flowers

Comment

There are a lot of good restaurants in Singapore, kinda hard to list out all. Afew recommended ones are Kazu at cuppage for great japanese food, ding tai fung for chinese food, Jim Thompson for Thai food.

Comment

Theres this Japanese restaurant at Orchard Parade Hotel, Its so good!
              For affordable Japanese, there's Nijumaru at Cuppage

Comment

Theres this Japanese restaurant at Orchard Parade Hotel, Its so good!
                For affordable Japanese, there's Nijumaru at Cuppage!

Comment

Hmm it depends on who you're going with, and the kind of cuisine you're craving.

For good breakfast and brunch, try the Garden Slug (mostly below 20 bucks) but it's tucked away in the east so be prepared to search a little.
                  You could also check out Kith Cafe if you're in town, it's largely below 20 bucks as well, and the dishes are hearty.

If you're looking for somewhere expensive and classy for a birthday celebration for instance, try Salt Grill and Sky Bar. I like that it's on level 55 of Ion Orchard, gives a very intimate yet high class feel to the dining experience.

And if you want a slightly different experience, the hidden gem Blue Ginger is pretty good too. It serves nonya/peranakan food and it's not overrated...you may want to make a reservation in advance though, just to be safe, as it doesnt have a huge seating capacity.

Lastly if you're heading somewhere with your family and there are young children, they'd probably like Genki Sushi. There's a bullet train (modeled after Japan) to serve you your food straight from the kitchen. Everything is electronic-driven, where you order your food from an iPad. It's pretty affordable too, but gotta take note that on weekends you have to wait a long time (20-30 minutes) to even get seated. I'd make a reservation for sure.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hmm it depends on who you're going with, and the kind of cuisine you're craving.

For good breakfast and brunch, try the Garden Slug (mostly below 20 bucks) but it's tucked away in the east so be prepared to search a little.
                    You could also check out Kith Cafe if you're in town, it's largely below 20 bucks as well, and the dishes are hearty.

If you're looking for somewhere expensive and classy for a birthday celebration for instance, try Salt Grill and Sky Bar. I like that it's on level 55 of Ion Orchard, gives a very intimate yet high class feel to the dining experience.

And if you want a slightly different experience, the hidden gem Blue Ginger is pretty good too. It serves nonya/peranakan food and it's not overrated...you may want to make a reservation in advance though, just to be safe, as it doesnt have a huge seating capacity.

Lastly if you're heading somewhere with your family and there are young children, they'd probably like Genki Sushi. There's a bullet train (modeled after Japan) to serve you your food straight from the kitchen. Everything is electronic-driven, where you order your food from an iPad. It's pretty affordable too, but gotta take note that on weekends you have to wait a long time (20-30 minutes) to even get seated. I'd make a reservation for sure.

Hope this helps

Comment

I like imperial at ion for their steamboat.

Comment

Saveur pasta is great value for money. Only $4.90 for a plate of pasta tossed with chilli oil.

Comment

You can check out those Food reviews website like Ratings & Reviews of Singapore Restaurants | OpenRice Singapore

Just choose the type of food or cuisine and they will give you all the restaurants according to numbers of reviews.. I always read the reviews there to find where to eat.. some reviews got photo also.. even better..

Some times I would write some reviews also,, can exchange for vouchers.. they got this new contest called the hungry games. quite cute.. modeled after the hunger games.

Comment

Nice article. Singapore has a great variety of food and many restaurants to choose from, so the choice is difficult.

Comment

I saw this upcoming korean noodles at habourfront centre, food looks pretty good from their fb.

Comment

Working...
                              X