Indochine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indochine

Hi, i am new to this forum..Wondering if anyone has tried Indochine,either Nude Restaurant or Forbidden City? What's the budget like? Any recommendations?

I'm currently thinking of places to celebrate my 2nd year anniversary this coming sat..

For Indochine Alfresco dining at Wisma, be prepare to fork out about $50-$70 for 2 person inclusive of drinks & appetizers. As for Nude, it's about $140-$180 3 course dinner excluding wine. Hths..

Comment

Forbidden city? Are you referring to the last time Katong one? I think close down right? Or this thre another?

Comment

Thanks so much Operabella!!

Forbidden city?not the one at Katong...It's at Clarke Quay.newly opened..have been hearing good reviews of that place..

Comment

i find the price of indochine ridiculously priced. If you are looking for viet food, there's one restaurant within CHIJMEs that's quite good

Comment

I've dined at the Indochine at Club Street. It's decent. Prices were quite standard. I wonder if it's still operating now. It's quite dead already, I think?

The Bar at Club Street looks just like Bar Cocoon in this link:

Forbidden City

Comment

I tried IndoChine at wisma, the section i went is called Nude. Hmm the ambience was good, dark candle lit with cosy sofas. But i didnt really appreciate the food. Their servings is those small exquiste, hmmm... its ok if you are the type which doesnt have a big appetite. But their pasta come in quite a reasonable serving. On the whole their food taste doesnt appeal to me, probably because they got a bit of those vietnam style. And they served appetitzer which i think came with every main course, i got something like lychee sherbet, hmm... i thought isn't this a dessert Hmm.. i think i wont go again, slightly above the average pricing and more important is dont really like the food... unless maybe next time i try the outdoor one

Comment

heya, how much is it to enter and get a cocktail drink? are there any extra charges etc?

Comment

There's no cover charge and it cost about $15 for a cocktail.

Just went to forbidden city 2 weeks ago. Pretty nice chill out place with very comfy seats & layout. Very different from the ones at Empress Place & Club Street.

Comment

what about the indochine at empress place?

u gals don't like it?

btw, there's one near NAFA last time, do they still ahve that one? i liked that 'coz it was situated in a small n cosy place n has a rustic feel to it.

anyone knows?
                    Last edited by pulpy; 08-03-2005, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I tried Indochine @ wisma a few times and the drinks are averagely priced but the food is ridiculous and not nice. In fact, I don't think I'll eat there again...

Comment

NUDE @ Wisma Atria Indochine

I was there last weekend to celebrate my birthday.

Nude at wisma atria Indochine.

There were 3 of us, we ordered 2 starters and one dish each.

These were the starters

The first one is a combination of shells. Scallops, Mussels and Oysters - taste ok. The second one is a platter of starters that consists of most of the starters on the menu - worth the try.

Then was our main dishes...

The first was chicken in lemon juice. Alittle too salty to our likings. Tasted abit like some salted fish in chicken style. haha.... which we were all trying hard to help finish.

The second was black pepper beef. VERY NICE!! Extremely tender beef cubes spiced evenly with pepper. Not too spicy and not too mild. It was just nice. The round nest is actually made of yam which was very hard - a very nice indian manager made the effort to help us cut it into pieces coz according to him its tasty coz its very crispy. I found it ok. haha..

Lastly its the beef stew with potatoes. Its not bad.

My dessert was the lemongrass creme brulee which the manager graciously offered upon realising it was my birthday...

Its abit different from the usual vanilla creme brulee. Went very well with the vanilla ice cream by the side.

Comment

wow, thanks for the pictures juneoesque and happy belated birthday~

Comment

Originally posted by liyun86
                            wow, thanks for the pictures juneoesque and happy belated birthday~
                            ha! thank cute liyun!!

Comment

tried IndoChine at wisma, the section i went is called Nude. Hmm the ambience was good, dark candle lit with cosy sofas. But i didnt really appreciate the food. Their servings is those small exquiste, hmmm... its ok if you are the type which doesnt have a big appetite. But their pasta come in quite a reasonable serving. On the whole their food taste doesnt appeal to me, probably because they got a bit of those vietnam style. And they served appetitzer which i think came with every main course, i got something like lychee sherbet, hmm... i thought isn't this a dessert Hmm.. i think i wont go again, slightly above the average pricing and more important is dont really like the food... unless maybe next time i try the outdoor one

Nude - Expensive. Good ambience but the food did not managed to impress me much

Aquadisiac Club - So far, I only find 2 dishes nice in their whole menu. A bit expensive for a outdoor cafe.

Express Place - We spend about $200 for a couple (with a bottle of wine). The ambience is good but over rated. Not totally worth if for that kind of food, the food did not impress me either.

Club street - I can't recall how much I spend but the food did not draw me back to this place again

Forbidden City - Only go there for drinks because my friend who have tried their restaurant upstair told me the food is just so so......

If you seriously want good ambience and decent food - check up The Cliff at Sentosa.

Comment

Working...
                              X