Eating Out For Reunion Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Out For Reunion Dinner

Thought of eating out with my family for reunion dinner this year so that my mum need not slave in the kitchen (she has not been cooking for the past 18 years!)

Anyone have any recommendations for dinner for 5? TIA! :

Try Crystal Jade? Their menu looks not bad.

Comment

Yah, I am going to Crystal Jade
      Dunno what the menu is like tho' cos FIL booked the table. You have to make reservation fast if you want to eat out!

Comment

I'm eating at Lei Garden @ CHIJMES. We were impressed with them last year.

Comment

I think Crystal Jade is very crowded! Thanks for the ideas.
          stressed : what did you have at Lei Garden? Saw the "peng cai" in some restaurants in Life section yesterday. Seems pretty good!

Comment

my family's going to Merchant Court for buffet. we tried the buffet lunch once and the spread is pretty decent. but on CNY eve, it's pretty ex. IIRC, it's about $39+++ per head.

Comment

Originally posted by ginger
              stressed : what did you have at Lei Garden? Saw the "peng cai" in some restaurants in Life section yesterday. Seems pretty good!
              I remember they have very good winter melon soup. Because I don't eat sharks fin, we had that winter melon soup.

*scratching head* I cannot recall what I had exactly but it's a little fusion mix. Hence they not only scored well in taste, they were creative too!

Of course, my mum was delighted with the free nian gao!

Nian gao = new year cake

Comment

Buffet? hmmm sounds interesting! I'm not having it on the Eve, but earlier as I need to eat with my inlaws on the Eve, so me and family are pretty flexible about dates. Think I should start to book huh!

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                  my family's going to Merchant Court for buffet.
                  i just had their buffet recently, very very yummy!

we're eating out too, but one day before the eve. not too sure where cause my aunt's doing the booking

Comment

How about Long Beach? We are considering having our reunion there.

Comment

After Crystal Jade, Lei Garden... this year we are going to eat at Sin Hoi San! They came up set menu for reunion dinner Simple love the food there

Comment

Nic, is cherry garden good? Cantonese cuisine? After trying Lei Garden and Tung Lok last year, I'm running out of ideas where else to go.

Comment

Heeheehe I've just booked for Friday at Lei Garden, will try all other recommendations next year

Comment

I like Lei Garden too, but if you're looking for inexpensive, old-style Cantonese food, try Capital Restaurant at Bt Pasoh Rd (near Outram MRT). The food's simple but delicious, and the portions generous. They serve a mean yusheng too. After dinner, Chinatown's only a 5-minute walk away.

Comment

any place that has good steamboat? does all restaurants open on the eve of cny?

Comment

Working...
                              X