Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shan
    replied
    popiah at woodlands mrt station is yummy!

Leave a comment:

• dashfall
    replied
    i prefer roadside stalls food too... its generally cheaper and also taste nicer

Leave a comment:

• shan
    replied
    i don't mind eating at stalls opposite OG orchard.. basically they're from newtons circle and hawker centre. so more or less, they practice hygiene.. hmm.. at least they got this grading system you see..
    saw many small 'vendors' at woodlands mrt st. alas, i saw the chinese popiah.. but.. in hurry to meet dear, so give it a miss..

Leave a comment:

• baobei
    replied
    happybean: consume more radio waves from microwave oven as well? *chuckles*

Leave a comment:

• eileen85
    replied
    how about those opposite OG at orchard? you know the roadside stalls sell alot of things like fried kway teow, carrot cake etc..anyone tried before?

Leave a comment:

• girls1984
    replied
    there are curry puff hawkers t clementi also.
    well, if you think food from pasar malam are safe to eat, then food from street hawkers are safe too.

Leave a comment:

• shan
    replied
    yep, so far what i see, chinese are moreof a hygiene. they use container. i saw ah-ma selling 'mua-chee' as well.. in plastic container.
    but curry-pok is pack with paper cardboard and cover with newspaper.
    ok, sell try it out next time. but over at the mrt st. nearest to my house have 3 stalls. haha.. don't know which stall sells nicer puff.

caramelgirl: i sardine filling too!

Leave a comment:

• vixette
    replied
    kalipok!!! love those stuff. i'm the type who'll buy and eat and eat from the (illegal) vendors. more often than not, the foodies are quite good!

if it's an old ah um (elderly lady) selling her wares, then i'm more likely to buy from her. think they usually peddle stuff like bay lay kor (sticky malted candy), muah chee (sticky rice cake in peanut powder), etc....

then again i'm one of the few who will eat at bangkok roadside hawker stalls. no problems for my tummy so far! *touchwood*

Leave a comment:

• CaramelGirl
    replied
    "kali pok, kali pok" => my fave!! esp sardine filling ones.

Give me roadside paddlers or confectionery shops, i'll take the former without hesitation.

Why??

Cos cheap and good to me is more impt. I'm a local girl at heart, prefer stuff with local favours. I have strong stomach, can weather those bacteria, so i'm not that big a hygience freak.

Leave a comment:

• artichoke
    replied
    Have you ever been to a kitchen in a high class restaurant? Seriously, they way they handle food is the same. It's just the way the food is being presented. I will not hesitate to eat any food that I like along roadside stores in Singapore. But I won't do it overseas. It's too much of a hassle to fall sick overseas and delay the whole itinerary.

Leave a comment:

• xiaozhu85
    replied
    IMO, it depends on how you think. If you feel that it's not hygienic to consume then don't buy it. But that's just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• shan
    started a topic Roadside stalls

Roadside stalls

i've seen many roadside stalls selling curry puffs, popiah, soon kuey etc. mostly malays selling curry puff.

do you girls think it's save to consume? i use to buy the chinese popiah and stuff (woodlands area) but i don't see any now. only see malays lady selling curry puff.. it smells nice.. but..
    mum told me not to buy due to unhygenic (they put in boxes and newspaper).
    any comments?
Working...
X