Cheese Fondue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Fondue!

Im sure most of you have tried chocolate fondue, how about cheese fondue? I've heard about cheese fondue when i was really young but never had a chance to try it till last year and it was like a dream come true! lol.. oki.. i sound like im exagerrating right? haha.. but just to share it with you guys...

I had it at Swiss Culture - Suntec City, near the sky garden.

they offer Cheese Fondue, Beef Fondue, Chicken Fondue, Seafood Fondue and Chocolate Fondue

The beef cubes and pork sausages were side orders to dip into the cheese fondue. The bread came together with it... in fact, the bread was free flow.. Wana know how it tasted? It was simply GREAT. i dun regret looking forward to it for my whole lifetime.. erm.. oki.. maybe i exaggerated abit there.. But it was really quite yummy..

When u place the food into ur mouth, the cheese surrounding it would feel cheesy and powdery... as if its melting in ur mouth... ahhhhHHHHHH..... Cheese lovers, MUST TRY!!! the texture is simply great and its so fun to eat! hee hee...

the server was very nice, clearly explaining how to eat and the different fondues to us.. i think he could sense my ethusiasm as well.. haha

Can this be a meal by itself? Am wondering if it's filling, or if you will have to order more to fill the tummy?

Comment

the bread is really filling. i had beef ones before but it wasn't with cheese. it was with some kinda stock. not very sure what it was. hehe..

anyway, u don't have to pay such high prices for fondue, u can easily make it urself. u can use just about any type of cheese and buy any kinda bread u like.

that's what my sis swiss fren does. he said any kinda cheese will do.

Comment

oh yes, i gotta admit, its not cheap. in fact its quite expensive for just a pot of cheese!! lol

Comment

Just to ask, one portion is only enough for 1?

Comment

Juneoesque: mind to share their pricing?

Comment

but do you need a special container to melt the cheese in ?
              Where can I get it? I heard it's pretty expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ceruleus
                but do you need a special container to melt the cheese in ?
                Where can I get it? I heard it's pretty expensive.
                u can get it from robinsons. i once got one on sale so maybe u can wait for sale. it wasn't that ex. ard 10-20. forgotten already as it was quite some time bac.

if u don't mind improvising, u can just use a metal pot for melting the choc n find small nice metal skewers to hold ur fruit for dipping in the choc. but this can only be done for choc fondue.

Comment

peaches78... nono... one portion is actually sufficient for a few to share.. like steamboat, a pot to be shared.

luv_shan... the cheese fondue itself is $38.80 comes with free flow of bread until the cheese is finished. Any extra others of sausages or beef or other meat i **** is around $10 each..

Pills.... so what kinda cheese do u buy for homemade fondue?

Comment

Originally posted by Juneoesque
                    Pills.... so what kinda cheese do u buy for homemade fondue?
                    u can use any type of cheese that is to ur taste. that was what my sis swiss fren said.

if u aren't too sure, u can go to carrefour at suntec n buy their fondue cheese. dunno whether elsewhere sell it too or not. or u can just take a look at the ingredients n buy the same cheese at a cheaper price if u can!
                    Last edited by Glossie; 05-03-2005, 05:52 PM.

Comment

any recipes to share?

Comment

Hi, Peaches78 and Ceruleus! Welcome to Cozycot! Please take some time out to Stick a post about yourselves!

Thanks for your rec, Jun!

Comment

Originally posted by pulpy
                          u can use any type of cheese that is to ur taste. that was what my sis swiss fren said.

if u aren't too sure, u can go to carrefour at suntec n buy their fondue cheese. dunno whether elsewhere sell it too or not. or u can just take a look at the ingredients n buy the same cheese at a cheaper price if u can!

cheese fondue can be homemade???
                          wow i shall try it someday!

Comment

I made cheese fondue before, but I think the recipe I had was terribly budgeted for poor students, so it tasted horrid

Comment

Originally posted by CheezeCake
                              cheese fondue can be homemade???
                              wow i shall try it someday!
                              yup! are u making it for us? *winkz winkz*

Comment

Working...
                              X