Clear All

• xuan1221
    replied
    I have yet to try it.

Leave a comment:

• skinnybelly
    replied
    Originally posted by momopeach View Post
    Anyone knows any good cheese fondue restaurant? I've tried Swiss Culture a long time ago, didnt like it. Recently tried La Fondue at Dempsey. Crappy food, and over-priced imo. So girls, let me know if you know of a good place! Preferable with Raclette cheese!
    Hi, maybe you could head over to Stammtisch at Sixth Avenue, heard a couple of good reviews abut te Raclette cheese and cheese fondue. Haven't tried it personally though! I've tried the beef fondue and rosti, both are awesome!

Leave a comment:

• momopeach
    replied
    Anyone knows any good cheese fondue restaurant? I've tried Swiss Culture a long time ago, didnt like it. Recently tried La Fondue at Dempsey. Crappy food, and over-priced imo. So girls, let me know if you know of a good place! Preferable with Raclette cheese!

Leave a comment:

• eddy
    replied
    Originally posted by tiramisu17 View Post
    How to prepare the fondue from carrefour?
    just open the packet and pour the mixture into a fondue bowl. heat over stove until it melts.

and transfer to a fondue stand with a candle to keep cheese warm while dipping. it's that simple.

-
    -

Leave a comment:

• tiramisu17
    replied
    How to prepare the fondue from carrefour?

Leave a comment:

• sassypink
    replied
    does the carrfour one taste any like the nachos cheese dip at GV?

Leave a comment:

• eddy
    replied
    Thanks eddy for the reply. Have you tired them? Which one taste better?
    tried only the 9.90 one. the alcohol taste is pretty strong. but it's ok if you like the strong taste. I would say the quality is ok for that price.
    -
    -

Leave a comment:

• tiramisu17
    replied
    Thanks eddy for the reply. Have you tired them? Which one taste better?

Leave a comment:

• eddy
    replied
    Is there a package for DIY cheese fondue? As in we just have to put everything (cheese, etc in the package) and cook? Heard that carrefour has it? Is it true?
    Yup, there's at least 2 types packet-form cheese fondue from carrefour. one is $9.90 and another is $8.90.

-
    -

Leave a comment:

• tiramisu17
    replied
    Is there a package for DIY cheese fondue? As in we just have to put everything (cheese, etc in the package) and cook? Heard that carrefour has it? Is it true?

Leave a comment:

• Juneoesque
    replied
    i personally love the beef cubes and sausages as dippers. But the bread are just as good actually. Beef cubes and sausages are seperate sides. The bread is inclusive and its free flow until the cheese finishes.

Leave a comment:

• tiggercheeze
    replied
    all the pics are making me drool!
    how's the beef cubes for dipping? tender?
    what abt the sausages? nice?

Leave a comment:

• Juneoesque
    replied
    Went on national day.

My friend had a Chicken - Zurich style..

Its so so good! comes with pasta.. the sauce which the chicken is cooked with is very tasty! Its one of their award winning dishes.

Another friend had another award winning dish which was some pork sausage and rosti thingy...

it was also quite nice. Like the rosti especially!

We were informed of their set meal which is very very value for money!

It includes either a soup or a salad....

soup was clam chowder for today. Soup wasnt fantastic. Doesnt come with huge chunks of potato or much clam bits.

The salad comes with either thousand island or italian dressing.

Appetiser has to be shared. Options given included spring rolls (which didnt look very appetising), clams and chicken wings. We chose chicken wings and it was a GREAT CHOICE!

the chicken wings are so so so good. Especially since i like it abit salty, its got this special spice powder on the chicken wings and it tastes so so good! I like it very much!

For mains, my friend ordered the roast chicken leg...

it was not bad. Portion was ok considering there was starter and appetiser on top of the mains. Served with mashed potato.

I had a steak...

found the steak ok. Portion was ok considering there was starters and appetisers. Comes with potato wedges which i didnt eat coz im not a wedges person.

and of coz, the cheese fondue!

the bread dippers that came with it...

additional side dippers of beef cubes....

Sausages....

Yum!

another friend who was not hungry only ordered waffle.....

The waffle was abit hard though. I happened to have a voucher entitling us to a free chocolate fondue if we order any fondue.... so... heh.. our free chocolate fondue.....

Its SO GOOD! Honestly im not much of a chocolate fondue person but their chocolate fondue is so so good. The chocolate is just nice, not too sweet. The dippers were all really nice as well. I dun quite like marshmallows unless they are bbq-ed but this one, when placed inside the fondue is somewhat hot and melted so its really good! Thumbsup!

when we all thought we've finished our food already, the server suddenly comes with the dessert that comes with our set meal! We totally forgot about it. Anyway, for the set meal, it comes with the option of either beverages or dessert. The dessert option for today includes a chocolate truffle cake...

or a tiramisu...

both were in extremely small and cutesy sizes.

one of my friend also ordered a swiss latte...

The set meals range from about $20+.

Leave a comment:

• pgm3
    replied
    i am going swiss culture for cheese fondue, looking forward to that on Friday!

but for homemake cheese fondue, is it we must get a pot that won't stick? the thought of washing the pot makes the heart half hearted to whip up the dish

Leave a comment:

• princess_lea
    replied
    Hi serene_85,

Wecome to CC!
    there already is an existing thread on swiss culture here

hth!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X