Char Kway Teow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Char Kway Teow

yummy! char kway teow is one of my favourite local food. where can i find nice and fresh *ham with char kway teow in Singapore (i had diarrhea bcos of contanimated *ham last week) :puke:

by the way what's the english word for *ham in char kway teows, laksa etc? haha. because i dont want people to misunderstand *ham as those English ham that is used in bread for their breakfast.

ETA meaning: *ham (See Hum?) = cockles
    Last edited by nicole; 03-03-2005, 11:48 PM.

ghim moh market has a stall which is famous for their char kway tiao. (with hums )

Comment

ham= cockles? haha not too sure about that.
      The hawker centre near parkway parade sells delicious char kway teow, it is called Apollo char kway teow. My friend can finish a $5 plate at one go!

Comment

Yupz! The Apollo one at Marine Parade hawker centre is quite good. Extra juicy :p

Another good one is the Serangoon Garden Market Hawker Center. Forgot the name but it's the one right at the corner and with a long queue every day.

Comment

oh my! all these char kway teow talk is getting me hungry now.

Pills: i think i'll go try the ghim moh one!

Comment

Not a *ham(cockles) person but I tried the stall at Golden Mile hawker center at level 2.

It had a lot of vegetables and quite a fair bit of newspapers clippings and you got to do self service. That stall is yummy.

Comment

The one in bedok center seems pretty popular too, there's always a queue... and you have to wait pretty long..

this reminds me of the prawn noodles stall beside it.. yum!

Comment

Hong Lim Food Center - Outram Char Kway Teo comes with cockles for only S$2

Comment

Originally posted by nicole
                  it hum-less (without cockles) and penang style
                  Ah... i the Penang style too. But it's a pity that their serving can be quite small.

Comment

I like Penang Chay Kway Teow too, I think they are less "jer lat" compared to local style. local style I can't finish the whole plate.

"jer late"- heavy or sickening?? someone please help me out with this translation

Comment

the feeling of jerlat is like the after-feeling of eating one whole slice of cheesecake all by yourself!

me just had a char kway teow at beach rd hawker centre. i'm not sure what style but it had fresh veges on top and had substantial amount of hums...its 100% lard free!!

Comment

The one mentioned at Marine Parade hawker is really yummy! It's really different from the normal kind, this one is served 'wet' as in with gravy. I eat my Char Kway Teow without 'hum'

Comment

I 2nd the char kuay teow at Parkway hawker centre. Yummy !! Have lotsa nice food there. TIA !

Comment

Originally posted by ginger
                            Hong Lim Food Center - Outram Char Kway Teo comes with cockles for only S$2
                            my favourite char Kway Teow too.

Comment

My fave CKT has to be from the hawker centre at Margaret Drive. Takes a long time to queue, but oh so worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X