Mee Siam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mee Siam

yes! it's me! i want nice nice mee siam! haha.. where to find them?
    the mee siam near my food place sucks!!! totally spoil my appetite

talking abt mee siam, first place that comes to mind is the stall at Parkway foodcourt. Not sure of the name, it sells mee robus too and chin chow. i like with lotsa chillies and lime!!! so appetising.

Always have a hard time deciding which to order, so in the end, me and SO order 1 each, so we can swap.

Comment

yes yes, parkway parade selling not bad mee siam , mee rebus and curry chicken

Comment

but this store gives away free "qoo-chye" smell which i can't stand.

Comment

Try cooking it yourself with prima deli mee siam ready-to-cook pastes. It tastes good.

Comment

Yeap. I second prima pastes. They are all very tasty and easy to cook. My mum cooks them all the time.

Alternatively u can try the new market at Serangoon Gardens. ALot of mee siam stalls from the old coffeeshop next to gleneagles hospital - supposedly quite famous. But I'm not sure which is good.

Oh, Dino's along upp Thomson Road (the UOB stretch) has got good mee siam too.

Comment

i heard there's one at redhill mrt that's good.

haven't tried it before tho.

Comment

Originally posted by pulpy
                i heard there's one at redhill mrt that's good.

haven't tried it before tho.
                Actually Redhill mkt is one of those hidden gems in S'pore. Got lotsa nice food imo. But i found the mee siam so so only. What i like there...

- carrot cake (which stay open till late at night)
                - yong tau foo (cheap and good)
                - 2 curry rice stalls
                - Toa payoh desert stall
                - the fried beancurd served with cucumber slices and fishball if u want (opens only for bfast)

Comment

I like mee siam, but for some reason, don't fancy the one at Parkway Parade. The dried prawns smell is overwhelming and I find the taste just so-so.

My favourite place for mee siam is at a small coffee shop at Jalan Tua Kong (Siglap). The mee siam is only available in the mornings, and the stall sells really good lontong too. The mee siam has got the right tangy assam gravy and comes it fresh tauhu (beancurd cake), rather than dried taupok. Yum!

Also like the mee siam at Glory Catering along East Coast Road too.

Comment

me and my friend likes to eat the mee siam at Glory catering too! but it's the shaw house outlet.

SO commented that the mee siam there is nice too! thinking of it makes me drool now. *hungry*

Comment

no wonder i saw you at lido there having dinner. so you're there for the mee siam. shall try it next time.

NYP food junction sells delicious mee siam too, for it's price. $1.70 only.

Comment

I second glory mee siam . It tastes yummy.

Comment

caryll, you didn't see the mee siam container on the table? it was so yummy that SO wanted to drink all the gravy if i didn't stop him him in time.

Comment

nope. didnt notice what's on the table actually. i went lido today again, wanted to 1 stone kills 2 bird but SO was not hungry, so i only had sandwich again.

Comment

Originally posted by visee
                              My favourite place for mee siam is at a small coffee shop at Jalan Tua Kong (Siglap). The mee siam is only available in the mornings, and the stall sells really good lontong too. The mee siam has got the right tangy assam gravy and comes it fresh tauhu (beancurd cake), rather than dried taupok. Yum!

hey, got more indication of store location?

i add sugar to my meesiam, never squeeze lime. weirdo

Comment

Working...
                              X