Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhi Char

Hiro..

I could not find any thread relating to this topic, if there is already such a thread started, will the mod merge the thread for me.. ..

By the way, anyone has any "Zi Char" stall to recommend?or any "zi char" food that you cannot live without?

Let me start with mine:

I like the muslim "Zi Char" stall near my neighbourhood.

My favourite food is Fried Sambal Kang Kong, Fried "Sotong Yu Tiao"..and from chinese Zi Char is sweet and sour fish..thats all i can think of now..

I read in the ST newspaper last week, they recommended 3 Zi Char stalls that sells $4.80 per dish..anyone tried it before?I find it quite reasonable and want to give it a try..

The Botak Seafood stall is near my place, never full house, at most 1/4 diners during peak hours. It is where the old Kim Fried Hokkien mee used to be.

Comment

Re: "Zi Char" stall & food

Originally posted by twinstar

I read in the ST newspaper last week, they recommended 3 Zi Char stalls that sells $4.80 per dish..anyone tried it before?I find it quite reasonable and want to give it a try..
      The coffeeshop at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, Block 347 has got 'Zi Char' selling $4.80 per dish. I think it's Blk 347, ladies please correct me if I'm wrong. It's somewhere opposite the AMK Central.

Even some of their fish only costs $4.80. Their food is very good! Their shark fins is also $4.80 per bowl. I love their prawn paste deep-fried chicken, Oatmeal Prawns, Kangkong, Salad Prawn, Fried Beehoon.

But you'll have to be there early, 'cause it's usually very very packed! Waiting for tables might take sometime.

I think Toa Payoh also has a few stalls with such concept, but not as good as AMK.

Comment

Gin_c_2K u are a darling, u have got what we need to hear. Will try soon, is the AMK portion good for 3 pax?

it is a bit away from central & your exact addy helps!! thanks!! if not, we hunt like mad.

Comment

There's one stall selling dishes at S$4.80 at the coffee shop opposite Henderson Secondary. That's the same coffeeshop famous for the late-night teochew porridge.

Comment

Originally posted by vernis
            Gin_c_2K u are a darling, u have got what we need to hear. Will try soon, is the AMK portion good for 3 pax?

it is a bit away from central & your exact addy helps!! thanks!! if not, we hunt like mad.
            yup yup! In fact it's just nice for 3 pax! They serve 6 pieces of Prawn Paste Deep-Fried Chicken Wings. So that eliminates any fighting between the food!

vernis, let me double-check on the block number again, 'cause I can't remember if it's 347 or 327. And the 2 blocks are very close to each other. Darnz with my memory when I'm too absorbed into the food!

Comment

gin: you are really making me hungry eh.. ..although i just had my cup of yoghurt..

Wow cereal prawns and all the goodies Zi Char food.. even weekdays is very crowded also?

Seems like AMK has alot of food..it has the famous crab beehoon also..ah..too bad im staying too far away from AMK..but can also be a blessing if not sure to put on weight..keke

Comment

chiyochan: where is Henderson Secondary Sch?isit in the north area??Have you tried the Zi Char there?

Comment

Gin_c_2K

no problem, a little hunting & walking won't kill. thanks again.

Comment

chiyochan: where is Henderson Secondary Sch?isit in the north area??Have you tried the Zi Char there?
                    It's off Henderson Road, somewhere between Redhill and Tiong Bahru.

Have not tried it yet, but understand from my friend that it's worth the money.

Comment

gin: you are really making me hungry eh.. ..although i just had my cup of yoghurt..

Wow cereal prawns and all the goodies Zi Char food.. even weekdays is very crowded also?

Seems like AMK has alot of food..it has the famous crab beehoon also..ah..too bad im staying too far away from AMK..but can also be a blessing if not sure to put on weight..keke
                      twinstar, I'm drooling already just from the thought of it! Their oatmeal prawn keeps flashing in my head!

Yup! They are just as crowded on weekdays too. Most people basically enjoy sitting at the tables outside the coffeeshop. You may still find a few empty seats inside the coffeeshop, that is if you don't mind the smoke and the oil!

Comment

Yishun got one stall with very nice nyonya fish , oat prawn , special toufu and .....the cook very nice I love their singapore style meehoon and oat prawn, evening time they very busy, sometime got customer call for book a table.

Comment

Zi Char Stall in Katong

Hi ya!

There's a small non-descript stall called 'Miki snack' located at the basement 1 of Katong Shopping Center (al fresco area)...yummy yummy food. The 3 egg vege soup, sweet sour pork, fishhead curry and diced chicken fried rice is to die for! Prices are very reasonable too....Interesting bit...just found out from Sunday Times that the stall owner is a 'ghostbuster'/geomancer whose shop is just few doors down from the stall!

Must try!

Comment

Store name is MIKI.

Comment

Originally posted by hueyya
                              Yishun got one stall with very nice nyonya fish , oat prawn , special toufu and .....the cook very nice
                              hi hueyya, whereabouts in yishun? i only know broadway at khatib, is that the one?

Comment

Working...
                              X