Curry Puffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curry Puffs

Where can you find your favourite curry puff? My mum just discovered a great stall called 1A at S11 Cuppage Terrace..they have all kinds of 'shell' curry puffs like chilli crab, otak and so on. The otak one is fabulous! I love the flaky kind - like the ones at Polar Cafe. Old chang kee is ok when i need a quick fix. :D
    Last edited by stardust; 21-03-2005, 08:47 PM.

Tip Top curry puffs are DA BOMB!!!

Comment

where's tiptop?

Comment

somewhere in AMK. sorry, don't know exact location.

Comment

I used to love Old Chang Kee, but in recent years ever since they started popping up everywhere they don't taste as good anymore. Nowadays I prefer home made ones.

Comment

I favour Old Chang Kee in the past, but nowadays they increase the price every year : $1 compared to $0.70 years back. And also it's getting oilier.

My fav is A1 curry puffs. ( hope i did not remember the name wrongly). It's simply delicious, especially the flaky pastry and the fillings is good. Eat it while hot and that's I know Eunos area have it. There's one counter at Takashimaya foodcourt too! $1 each, but worth more that Old Chang Kee.

Comment

Jess: i think we're talking about the same one! Is it 1A or A1! Suddenly forgot..its flaky with many varieties right? There's one at cuppage S11 now!

I find Old Chang Kee a bit 'doughy' for my liking sometimes..

Comment

me also like 1A's. Always cart 1 box back to treat my colleagues when i lunch at Eunos.

Tiptop is located next to Jubilee Cinema complex? The kopitiam has buffet steamboat too. correct b.oh?

The other 2 i ever tried are at Marine Parade Central Market, East Coast Hawker Centre.
                Last edited by vernis; 21-03-2005, 09:42 PM.

Comment

There is this coffeeshop near peya lebar MRT station (near the construction area of the circle line), the curry puffs there are crispy, flaky and not too oily, YUM

Comment

second Tip Top

I have tried A1 at taka basement, I only like the flaky crust but not the fillings.

Comment

I love Hong Lim market's. (forgot the name of the store )

The filling is moist and yummy while the crust is crispy. Even a 30 min bus ride home could not destroy the crispness of the puff. Droolz~

Comment

All this talk about curry puffs is making me crave for some.

Note to self: Go buy ingredients for curry puffs at the supermart tomorrow.

Comment

A1 curry puffs! the one at taka! haha..but i still like the traditional ones made by malays..

Comment

U can make currypuffs?!? U are a good wife-to-be!!!

Comment

1A!!!!

i'm a BIG fan of curry puffs. Having 1A/A1 at taka food court is a god sent to me. Where else can u find something to fill your hungry pang with $1 on orchard road? My fave's is sardines, tried otak one too and it's pretty good too.

The Eunos outlet, the filling is more generous.

Comment

Working...
                              X