Phin's Steakhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phin's Steakhouse

I went there once with a gal friend and tried their Sirloin steak, Appetizier Platter that consists of half a dozen escargot(sp?), mussels and scallops.

The other dishes on the menu also look quite delicious. What else will you recommend from Phin's Steakhouse?

The fish and chips is pretty good as well as their speciality steak

Comment

Originally posted by coco latte
      The fish and chips is pretty good as well as their speciality steak
      YES!!!
      their beer-battered fish and chips is a die-off.
      soooo yummy + their coleslaw too *droolss*
      reasonable pricings too *thumbs up*

Comment

Yeap. The fish is good. Think there is one with the beer batter, it's not bad worth a try.

Their prices are reasonable too. And they open too late at night, good for late night suppers!

Comment

Oops! Forgot to add. Had their bucket of mussels before and it was a disappointment. It was badly done and tougher than the cow's hide!

Comment

Yeah! the fish and chips is a must try!

Comment

They have got a franchise in Tampines Mall..it was a total disapointment..
              We ordered the fisherman appetizer basket (consists of fried items like chicken,chips,onion rings etc)..and it was cold and non-cripsy at all..yucks!!

But the first time when i went to the one at Liang Seah Street (opp. bugis), the basket was very good..the items are hot and cripsy..and the stuff in the basket are actually different..

So we were kind of cheated at the Tampines one.. ..the service there was quite bad too..there is no specific queue for diners and we just have to hang around to look for empty tables ourselves.. Then we waited for about 20mins and no one actually gave us the menu..in the end we went to the counter and take it ourself.. So tempted not to pay for the extra 10% service charge eh..

Not going back to the Tampines one again.. keke..

Comment

sounds good, when is it located at?

Comment

I seconds to twinstar. Had the steak, totally disappointed. The environment is bad too, lighting is so poor. Me and SO dunno eating what. LOL

Comment

there is another outlet at orchard cineleisure level 1. I only tried Liang Seah street outlet before, the quality of the food varies though. For example, I tried their chilli mussels, it was quite good once and lousy the second visit. haha...but their steaks' quality are consistently quite good.=)

Comment

I think their lamb chops are not too bad except that more fats than meat. But servings are good for that price.

Comment

is there any outlet located more west?

Sounds good feel like giving it a try as well....

Comment

I have only tried the one at orchard cineleisure..seems that the rest of the outlets have mixed reviews...

Comment

Originally posted by chiyochan
                            Oops! Forgot to add. Had their bucket of mussels before and it was a disappointment. It was badly done and tougher than the cow's hide!
                            Got to agree with you on this. Actually I felt that I was chewing on rubber. The escargots was overdosed with garlic and I swore I felt tiny gritty bits as I was chewing on it. Only the scallops seemed to be okay.

Comment

I have tried both branches at Bugis and orchard cineleisure and found that I prefer the Bugis branch as it is less noisy and the customer service is much much better.
                              I went with SO to the orchard one and the CS was really bad. Firstly, after making our orders, we were not even served with the usual cups of plain water and we had to ASK them in order to get them. Next was the waiting time for our dishes to arrive. It was a peak hour then but it did take almost half a hr to 45 mins waiting time. I think that was really too much to bear!

The food in Orchard was soso too Bugis please!

Comment

Working...
                              X