Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice restaurants for local fare

Hi,

Any suggestion to bring guests from overseas to try out " good local food" but must be nice ambience not hawker centres or food courts.

i usually bring my overseas guests to 'seafood international' or to goodwood park hotel for the taiwan porridge.

Comment

my these 2 guests tried seafood (our famous crabs), food at clarke quey or japanese restaurants here during their previous trips.

so I want to bring them to try nice "local food" is Muthu's Curry ok?

Comment

i tried this restaurant called "Kopitiam" at Raffles City Shopping centre there. The food's pretty good. I tried their ba kut teh...laksa....and i liked it! The prices are around $15 per dish...but you get good local food with nicer ambience though.....

Comment

Agreed, Kopitiam is really good! It's actually located inside Westin (what's that hotel called now?) and the atmosphere is very nice but more importantly the food is good.

Comment

Hotel Phoenix has a good local buffet spread.

Comment

Can I suggest the new cafe at Hyatt Hotel? Great local fare in comfort of an airconditioned environment.

Comment

I like the food at Different Tastes. It's along Frankel Ave in East Coast. Though the ambience is not like those in hotels but like normal restaurants.

Comment

Chili Padi at Joo Chiat is not bad. It's a peranakan restaurant. Went there twice with my family before, my mom was going crazy over the beef rendang. You can eat your heart's out for < $20 a person.

Comment

I second dimples. The cafe at Hyatt is a great introduction to local hawker type fare in a fancy environment. As because its a buffet one price thing, your guests can try abit of everything.

Comment

I support you too, Straits Kitchen at Hyatt have a wide variety of local fare.

Comment

Gals, I brought my guests to Straits Kitchen yesterday night! Its really a fantastic place to introduce local food to our overseas guests. Furthermore the food there are really nice I like most of them myself and there are soooo many variety. In fact I can't sample all of them so sad.

Its kinda of expensive as its a buffet spread but with open kitchen concept $38+++ excluding drinks so in total we spent $170plus for 3 person just eating local food.:wow: Luckily its paid by company

But the ambience really nice and contemporary and surprising there's alot of people even on a weekday hence you need to reserve else got to wait long.

Comment

Yes, it's very popular. I hear the reservation goes up to 2 weeks when it first opened.

Comment

reserve 2 weeks in advance? :wow: too much I managed to book on the same day and towards the evening (around 4plus) so anybody interested to go don't have to worry

Comment

Working...
                            X