Penang Laksa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penang Laksa

Do anyone of here know where to get Penang Laksa? Oh.. I love it...

i like it to be 'authentic' - minty, sour & spicy! dun wan 'singapore-styled penang laksa', pls let us know where to get
    Last edited by se7enseas; 07-05-2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

York hotel used to have true-blue authentic Penang Hawkers' Fare. you may want to call to check if this promo is still on.

Comment

At Paya Lebar there, the shopping center City Plaza (Is my spelling correct) inside the 3rd floor food court (i think) had a stall selling it.

Another one is at SengKang - Compass Point foodcourt also sell it

* But I always feel the Penang Laksa here is being modify to suit our taste I like the genuine style in Penang. It's so sour, mint & spicy

Comment

The CityPlaza one moved upwards to L4, for more than a year. now change of tenant, very very bad & runny now. Avoid.

Comment

uh.. I dun wan them to change to suit our taste !!!!! I wan autentic one..

Comment

Oh great, I LOVE penang laksa! I'm quite ok with those sold in foodcourts but I love my mum's homemade penang laksa. Its really very troublesome to prepare the ingredients for it, especially removing the bones of the fish after they are cooked.

Comment

ya i love my mum's home cooked penang laksa...with lots of fish meat, pineapple, cucumber...cause i always drink the soup...hmm...yum yum..

Comment

peneng laksa reminds me of this. many years ago, before popular took over the jubilee foodcourt(AMK) i've it at least once a week. so far, none taste better than this.

i like it sour.

Comment

Many years ago, I used to frequent the Penang Laksa stall in Junction 8 food court and I loved their soup base! Sour and spicy. Yummy!! I'm not sure whether the stall still exist after the foodcourt undergoes renovation in Junction 8

Comment

ahhhh.. how come all the laksa stall so far away.. got any in the west side?

I love it sour and hot.. I love !!!!!!

Comment

hey there are several in the west.

jurong west has one, the stall have been around for more than 10 years, but the boss recently opened a new branch in boon lay so maybe the boon lay one will taste better. the boon lay store should be at the hawker centre near the boon lay cc. the jurong west one at the stretch of stores opposite one of the jurong west cc.

jurong point also has one at their foodcourt.

Comment

Penang/Assam laksa is my favourite too! I always have it at the Mid point Orchard foodcourt. I know there's one authentic Penang restuarant at East Cost but have yet to try it.

Check this out for laksa lovers --> http://www.sbestfood.com/Food%20Choice/laksa.htm

Comment

Try Copthorne Kings Hotel Penang Buffet..i believe its got much more variety than York and u don't have to queue for your food..it's got pretty good penang fare too and you can eat as many bowls of Penang laksa there..i love the otah and penang char kway teo there..oh and the kueh pie tee..ok i'm getting really hungry now..

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
                              Penang/Assam laksa is my favourite too! I always have it at the Mid point Orchard foodcourt. I know there's one authentic Penang restuarant at East Cost but have yet to try it.

Check this out for laksa lovers --> http://www.sbestfood.com/Food%20Choice/laksa.htm
                              Queenie, do you know what is this penang restaurant's name and where is it in east coast? TIA!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X