Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fondue set

Hi

Can anyone tell me where can I purchase the whole set of fondue cutlery??

I want to buy them and have a party for mother's day. hee.. hee..

Can give me the price as well.

Thanks so much..

I think I've seen a cheap set either at John Little or Robinsons. For something nicer and more expensive, you can buy the Bodum set (from most department stores):

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
      I think I've seen a cheap set either at John Little or Robinsons. For something nicer and more expensive, you can buy the Bodum set (from most department stores):

Wow! Thanks but this seems to be very expensive. I want something *** is not too ex. as I dun think we will be using it most of the time. Thanks anyway, shall make a trip to Robinson tonight.

Comment

cwongst: depends on what you want to use the fondue set for? if it's the chocolate type, there's a ceramic fondue set in Robinsons retailing for $12++ (used to be $7 doh!). it comes with 4 forks.

if you are planning a real swiss fondue party using cheese or hot oil with meat, i would think it's better to get the steelware or ironcast set. also, these sets would require use of proper fuel which is the liquid one. the solid fuel like what the army boys uses burns out too fast and stinks so it's more suited for outdoor usage. the ceramic ones will do ok with tealights but you might want to put two just to make sure the chocolate sauce stays warm.

Comment

Originally posted by kestrel
          cwongst: depends on what you want to use the fondue set for? if it's the chocolate type, there's a ceramic fondue set in Robinsons retailing for $12++ (used to be $7 doh!). it comes with 4 forks.

if you are planning a real swiss fondue party using cheese or hot oil with meat, i would think it's better to get the steelware or ironcast set. also, these sets would require use of proper fuel which is the liquid one. the solid fuel like what the army boys uses burns out too fast and stinks so it's more suited for outdoor usage. the ceramic ones will do ok with tealights but you might want to put two just to make sure the chocolate sauce stays warm.
          wow! $12+ seems reasonable. But used to be $7 urghh.. anw, I will make a trip dwn as its only for kids to hv some fun dun need to be too ex.

Thanks so much!

Comment

a bit OOT, what kind of chocolate do you girls use? where to get them?

& for the cheese one.. is there like special cheese for fondue???

Comment

cooking choc - u can find them in supermarkets

as for cheese fondue, u can get the different cheeses and add them
              http://www.bhg.com/home/FondueRecipes.html

Comment

Where can we get the chocolate from?

Comment

dearie .. the last one i did, i used the hershey non-sweetened choc bar (found in NTUC baking section) and heated it up. add a tablespoon of cream (or milk is fine, adjust the thickness you like) and half tablespoon of hazelnut liquer (optional). you can also get some chopped almonds or peanuts.

for the cheese one .. here's a recipe that i found useful off carrefour's website. you can get the cheese there. for cheese fondue, do get white wine and when the cheese is melting, stir in the white wine. btw, i must emphasize, strong heat is required for the cheese to melt totally and stay melted.

just uploaded a sample pic of my last fondue party heh..

http://www.carrefour.com.sg/pa/pdf/busycook0912.pdf
                  Last edited by kestrel; 05-05-2005, 10:50 PM.

Comment

you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips (usually use for baking). easily available from supermarket. melt them in a pot and add in milk or cream.

Comment

kestrel >> you're making me hungry!

Comment

wow, i didnt know they sell the fondue set in Singapore. heh so sua ku. am going to get one!

Comment

ya i didn't know too..can it's $12..i was thinking must be quite exp like $50++
                          so tempting..but if i buy i will grow fatter cause i will definitely always have chocolate fondue..

Comment

Originally posted by miracle
                            Where can we get the chocolate from?
                            I just checked out the poon huat store...They are selling 250g of chocolate block for $1.37. You can get it there...

I personally like Hersheys.....but it's tooo ex!

Comment

Originally posted by paopaobubble
                              wow, i didnt know they sell the fondue set in Singapore. heh so sua ku. am going to get one!
                              Ya ***! I also thought was ex. too until last fri I got it from Robinson.
                              Really cheap $12 nett only! hee.. hee..

Comment

Working...
                              X