Makansutra Gluttons Bay at Esplanade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makansutra Gluttons Bay at Esplanade

Just wondering has anyone checked this out? It opened pretty recently around mid to end May and all the hawker fare have been the stamp of approval by Makansutra!

It is just beside the group of 7 restaurants at Esplanade Not to mention it opens at 6pm - 3am. Great for after clubbing supper

Makansutra Gluttons Bay
    (#01-15)
    Tel: 6336 7025
    Fax: 6336 7029 Opening Hrs:
    6pm ? 3am nightly
    Singapore's best street food, under the moonlight by the bay.

I went down there last Friday with my hubby. I must say the century egg porridge right at the end is really good and so is the fried kuey teow. Tried going again in the evening on Vesak day buy my goodness it was so packed. my advice would be to go there for supper later in the night, not so packed then.

Comment

majacqueline, I have yet to try the century egg porridge and the char kway teow!
      I like their BBQ chicken wings, piping hot and very tasty! The chilli they serve is great!

Their yong tau foo is not too bad as well, the stuffs are pretty fresh! I found the customer service there good

Comment

hm..... the glutton in me is whispering for me to go down there and eat again!

Comment

Does it happen to be 24hrs then?

Comment

Hmm..I was at the Esplanade today, but I couldn't find it anywhere SO & I settled for California Bistro instead..Abit disappointed, especially since it is his last night here in SG..

Comment

i just came back from there...didn't eat any food..was too full..but i can smell the satay and bbq chicken wings are nice...

the prawn mee like so famous..super long q..

Comment

been there twice last week. tried the following...

- sambal stingray (very fresh)
                - oyster omelette
                - hokkien mee (yum!)
                - char kuey tiao (alright.. if u like the dry type..)
                - chicken wings
                - ngor hiang

Comment

Originally posted by alleycat_777
                  Hmm..I was at the Esplanade today, but I couldn't find it anywhere SO & I settled for California Bistro instead..Abit disappointed, especially since it is his last night here in SG..
                  Oh no, poor girl! You know when you walk out of the esplanade towards the sea (ie. where you can see the merlion and fullerton facing your view) Just turn left and walk straight towards the Park area. I hope you can find it next time!

Comment

Originally posted by redpetal
                    Does it happen to be 24hrs then?
                    Nope redpetal, it stated that it opens from 6pm - 3am from the boards I see advertising the place.

Comment

Originally posted by stilafaux
                      Oh no, poor girl! You know when you walk out of the esplanade towards the sea (ie. where you can see the merlion and fullerton facing your view) Just turn left and walk straight towards the Park area. I hope you can find it next time!

Oh..it's there! We walked towards that area, but I thought I saw some huge construction sign boards..and I assumed that that area was cordoned off for some reason. :Doh: Oh well..hee maybe next time when he's back in SG

Comment

had my dinner there before catching the fireworks..

darn crowded in the evening!

anyhow, my frd and i order
                        - BBQ stringray (chinchalok abit only, but still overall is !
                        - hokkien mee (don't look good, but taste good)
                        - fried oyster (alright, newton's circles' better)
                        - satay

suprisingly, the drink is only $1.30...

Comment

Its almost impossible to find a dining space in the evenings! The queue at the drinks stall is exceptionally long, though the stingray and hokkien mee (!!) were pretty good to boot

Comment

The front page of www.makansutra.com has the info on all the 12 stalls that are selling food there currently. Hths!

Comment

I always ordered the Hokkien Mee and Oyster Omelette when there, they are fab!

Tried the satay too and they are very tender, meat melting in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X