Spanish Paella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish Paella

anyone been to via mer rest at esplanade?

UOB card having one for one paella now. what's that dish by the way?

is it any good?

Paella is a spanish dish that usually comprimises of rice, peas, peppers, prawns and pretty much anything that's laying around, all cooked in a big pan!

dunno about via mer, but the one i had in spain was v v yummy.

Comment

Ditto. I lurrrve paella. Am planning to use the UOB 1-for-1 for that and for Spageddies too!

How much is Via Mar's paella? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
        Paella is a spanish dish that usually comprimises of rice, peas, peppers, prawns and pretty much anything that's laying around, all cooked in a big pan!

dunno about via mer, but the one i had in spain was v v yummy.
        I tried this at Andorra El Tesoro (robertson quay) and it was lovely! Problem is, I can't remember how to pronounce it. Anyone knows?

Comment

Originally posted by grace
          I tried this at Andorra El Tesoro (robertson quay) and it was lovely! Problem is, I can't remember how to pronounce it. Anyone knows?
          paella : pa - ei - ya

(or something like that!!)

Comment

Via Mer serve great paella, I just had it last month.Cost $30, enough for around 3 persons. =) maybe pa-ei-la sounds better?

Comment

nope. there's no 'l' sound in the double 'l' in spanish. second 'l' is pronouced as 'y'

yum. i love paella. any promos for via mer still?
              tried the paella at Olive Tree at Intercon.....not bad. seafood v fresh and sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by grace

Paella - pronounced as Pa-ay( as in way ) -ya

Comment

Wooo..okay...try to pay attention to the waiter's prounication next time.

I tried Olive tree paella before too..prefer Via Mia though. =)

I went Olive tree 1 for 1 with UOB debit card (CAmpus card)..if no changes to the terms and conditions...debit cards shouldnt be a problem I hope =)

Comment

Spanish Paella

I have this sudden crave for paella. I ate paella in most of my dinner in spain, it's SUPER delicious. Can someone pls name the places for the best paella in Singapore (with price as well).

Comment

I know of this place in CHIJMES. It's called Ocho. Not tried the paellas there. They take half an hour each to make. If I remember correctly, it's something like $26 per plate?

Sorry I can't be of more help

Comment

You reminded me of Ocho. Ok, I chanced upon this place at chijmes website. Not sure if it taste good, huh?

Comment

Ocho at CHIJMES is not bad... with nice live music...
                          There are also 2 other Spanish restaurants
                          1) "Tapas Tree" at Clark Quey
                          2) another 1 near Siglap center....

Enjoy..

Comment

I love the paella at Esmiralda and Via Mar. Both are excellent though the taste is not that similar. Different broth to cook the rice.

Comment

I tried the seafood paella at Ocho, but quite disappointed with it. It doesn't taste good. My hubby had roasted lamb chop, not bad but the portion is not filling. The environment is good with live music.

Comment

Working...
                              X