Maison De Poupee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maison De Poupee

I visited this restaurant few weeks ago...

Located at Armenian street. Its a Bistro and Boutique concept.

This is the interior of the place.

They have a side which is the boutique...

and the other side which is the bistro....

According to the owner, they have different kinda fondues there. Tiramisu, cheese, chocolate, etc. that just got me SO interested. Most importantly, they're reasonably priced! Only about $14+ per pot. Swiss Culture's one is abt $30+ or $40+ per pot? But also gotta note that for Swiss Culture the pot is much bigger you can have dippers like beef cubes and sausages aside from bread.

The first pot of fondue that arrived was the cheese fondue....

Each pot of fondue comes with 8 small dishes of dippers. In our case she gave us 7 dishes of bread cubes and 1 dish of cherry tomatoes. It was YUMMY!! very nice!! much cheaper den Swiss Culture for sure.

den came the chocolate one..

The dippers for the chocolate fondue includes strawberry, peach, fruits cocktails and marshmallows. The chocolate was too watery and not hot enough. Overall i wouldnt say its nice.

Sadly they were out of the tiramisu one.

Overall i recommend the cheese fondue!

Wow! It looks really nice and yummy, especially the cheese

Comment

Why no Tiramisu?!??!
      I can already imagine how it'll taste like...

Comment

is it the one located opposiate bugis junction?

Comment

Originally posted by cheria
          is it the one located opposiate bugis junction?
          nope. its beside the big MPH ***'s very near to the former National Library.

Yes, i can't wait to try their tiramisu and Japanese curry cheese fondue. Wonder how it will taste. The tiramisu and Japanese curry cheese fondue, according to the owner, must be ordered in advance.

Comment

Juneoesque,
            Thanks for the post. It looks very nice. I enjoy your postings of restaurants very much.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercloud
              Wow! It looks really nice and yummy, especially the cheese
              carolyn, let's pop by to try the cheese one someday?

Comment

Celest, yes we definitely must pop by to try the cheese fondue. And also shop?

Comment

Originally posted by tamarind
                  Juneoesque,
                  Thanks for the post. It looks very nice. I enjoy your postings of restaurants very much.
                  =) thank you Tamarind!

Comment

Thanks To All Cozycotters And Hwz Mates!!

gd evening ladies,im zack, the owner of MDP.i have something interesting to intro all of you..some ladies have come to my shop n have tried b4..i think some of you have heard about my shop in the media n so on..its heartwarming to see so many supporters from HWZ n other forums..for those who have never heard of my shop, i will intro to u..

i have a boutique bistro the name is maison de poupee n it is meant for ladies to do your shopping while u dine.our place can sing karaoke,, so do bring down all yr VCDs or DVDs n u can sing yr worries away after work. we have microphones..we also do provide wine..so y not come down after work to chill out with yr buddies while i am pleased to be of service to u all..though we close at 9pm, u just give us a call that u all r coming down n our doors r wide open for ya! pls remember to call b4 9pm..

we also do functions, estee lauder, Universal music, ENERGY meet the fans session, n also many wedding parties, birthday parties, company functions, and a great place for future SMU, TMC, AIT students to chill out n do some self study. Company execs too for a session of winding down and great time for catching up with yr company colleagues after a tiring day at work!!CALLING ALL working ladies and guys too! from the raffles city, peninsula plaza, funan, suntec area, this is a great place for you to bring your prospective clients to talk business over a cup of tea..

we also do serve set lunch or dinners or finger food..eg:grilled fish set, sandwich set, pie cups, etc

we hope to provide that something special n extra for u guys n ladies..then also ladies can do some shopping while the guys sing their hearts away...fondue wise, i m sure all ladies will love sweet nothings..but not the guys??..(as i hate sweet things yucks..!!haha guys pls prove me wrong.)

our fondues:1. chocolate
                    2: orange chocolate

cheese fondues:have to order about half an hour in advance as cheese is troublesome to prepare..
                    3: japanese curry cheese(have to order in advance)
                    4: cheese
                    next is our own concoted 5:tiramisu fondues
                    pls forgive me last time as i place only 1 chef to handle n she kind of messed up with the chocolate fondue..she got nervous n also scarred the bread..it was becoz all of us were involved in the renovation of my branch at far east plaza..ive already apologised to juneosque..i make sure now that at least 2 pp are in the shop..anyway, our chocolate fondues r very sinful as they are usually thick. ENERGY, sharon au, and michelle chong all came down n try our fondues (chocolate, tiramisu, yoghurt, etc) n clothings..ENERGY even took some fondue sets with them n chose clothings that they feel will look good on girls..

Next, its my boutique, it consists of ladies clothings, from local designer n also imports..the pricing is reasonable, i assure u, but not something of THIS fashion pricing.MY motto is Quality clothings at affordable prices.SPH has selected our clothings for glamour quest, a local modelling show at suntec. so if u ladies did go there n take a fancy to our designs, pls dont hesitate to visit us..i have another branch at FAR EAST PLAZA #03-57 n it is called FRAISE.if you r in orchard, do drop by to see see..next, we also do have jewellery making sessions, conducted by a teacher..anybody interested, pls do give it a try..

hope u really love them all..i will try my best to serve u all, giving u all tasty n generous servings of food at affordable prices..thanks for your kind attention ladies..just like the advertisement:"becoz we r drivers too", "becoz, im a student n going to be a working adult", i understand about reasonable pricing is very impt to u all.

haha, i talk too much without informing u all where is the place..FYI, its at 50, Armenian street, wilmer place #01-02, opp the substation, opp the OLD national library , beside the OLD MPH n the new SMU..hope that rings a bell? PLS fone 63334337 for reservations or call me at 97983111 for personalised chauffeur services from City hall MRT..if u dunno how to get there, pls call me 1 day b4 so that i can go there n guide u there..

Thank you juneosque for yr writeup..thank you for taking time off to assist me in writing up n posting in this forum.
                    Last edited by Bowlerong; 30-06-2005, 03:44 AM.

Comment

i've been to MDP b4 n i must comment that it's really gd!!!
                      i thk i've post a thread at CozyFashion b4 regarding their clothes....
                      cotters should go n experience it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlerong
                        gd evening ladies,im zack, the owner of MDP.i have something interesting to intro all of you..some ladies have come to my shop n have tried b4..i think some of you have heard about my shop in the media n so on..its heartwarming to see so many supporters from HWZ n other forums..for those who have never heard of my shop, i will intro to u..

i have a boutique bistro the name is maison de poupee n it is meant for ladies to do your shopping while u dine.our place can sing karaoke,, so do bring down all yr VCDs or DVDs n u can sing yr worries away after work. we have microphones..we also do provide wine..so y not come down after work to chill out with yr buddies while i am pleased to be of service to u all..though we close at 9pm, u just give us a call that u all r coming down n our doors r wide open for ya! pls remember to call b4 9pm..

we also do functions, estee lauder, Universal music, ENERGY meet the fans session, n also many wedding parties, birthday parties, company functions, and a great place for future SMU, TMC, AIT students to chill out n do some self study. Company execs too for a session of winding down and great time for catching up with yr company colleagues after a tiring day at work!!CALLING ALL working ladies and guys too! from the raffles city, peninsula plaza, funan, suntec area, this is a great place for you to bring your prospective clients to talk business over a cup of tea..

we also do serve set lunch or dinners or finger food..eg:grilled fish set, sandwich set, pie cups, etc

we hope to provide that something special n extra for u guys n ladies..then also ladies can do some shopping while the guys sing their hearts away...fondue wise, i m sure all ladies will love sweet nothings..but not the guys??..(as i hate sweet things yucks..!!haha guys pls prove me wrong.)

our fondues:1. chocolate
                        2: orange chocolate

cheese fondues:have to order about half an hour in advance as cheese is troublesome to prepare..
                        3: japanese curry cheese(have to order in advance)
                        4: cheese
                        next is our own concoted 5:tiramisu fondues
                        pls forgive me last time as i place only 1 chef to handle n she kind of messed up with the chocolate fondue..she got nervous n also scarred the bread..it was becoz all of us were involved in the renovation of my branch at far east plaza..ive already apologised to juneosque..i make sure now that at least 2 pp are in the shop..anyway, our chocolate fondues r very sinful as they are usually thick. ENERGY, sharon au, and michelle chong all came down n try our fondues (chocolate, tiramisu, yoghurt, etc) n clothings..ENERGY even took some fondue sets with them n chose clothings that they feel will look good on girls..

Next, its my boutique, it consists of ladies clothings, from local designer n also imports..the pricing is reasonable, i assure u, but not something of THIS fashion pricing.MY motto is Quality clothings at affordable prices.SPH has selected our clothings for glamour quest, a local modelling show at suntec. so if u ladies did go there n take a fancy to our designs, pls dont hesitate to visit us..i have another branch at FAR EAST PLAZA #03-57 n it is called FRAISE.if you r in orchard, do drop by to see see..next, we also do have jewellery making sessions, conducted by a teacher..anybody interested, pls do give it a try..

hope u really love them all..i will try my best to serve u all, giving u all tasty n generous servings of food at affordable prices..thanks for your kind attention ladies..just like the advertisement:"becoz we r drivers too", "becoz, im a student n going to be a working adult", i understand about reasonable pricing is very impt to u all.

haha, i talk too much without informing u all where is the place..FYI, its at 50, Armenian street, wilmer place #01-02, opp the substation, opp the OLD national library , beside the OLD MPH n the new SMU..hope that rings a bell? PLS fone 63334337 for reservations or call me at 97983111 for personalised chauffeur services from City hall MRT..if u dunno how to get there, pls call me 1 day b4 so that i can go there n guide u there..

Thank you juneosque for yr writeup..thank you for taking time off to assist me in writing up n posting in this forum.
                        No prob, don't mention it! I enjoy sharing good experiences with the rest of the cotters!

Comment

Went down today with Princess_Lea, Yokie and Cheezecake. Cheezecake ordered their set meal which consisted of soup of the day, grilled fish and ice cream. The rest of us were pretty full so we only shared the fondues.

Didn't manage to take a pic of the ice cream coz my fone hanged for awhile and Cheezecake happily finished her ice cream. haha...

The soup wasnt very good...

I had a mouthful and Cheezecake complained abt the clumps in the soup which were probably a result of insufficient stirring.

But the grilled fish was very nice! Very tasty. The sauce went very well with it.

Lea and myself ordered drinks... Lea ordered iced honey lemon. I ordered Rambutan Freeze. It was quite nice. I quite like it. Not too sweet.

Of coz, we ordered fondue as well. We ordered the chocolate fondue, tiramisu fondue and cheese fondue.

The chocolate fondue is much much better den my previous visit. Its much thicker and not as watery.

The tiramisu fondue was not hot enough even after we asked for it to be reheated. The taste was alright in my view but Cheezecake and Yokie didnt like it at all. Lea found it ok but after Cheezecake and Yokie 'discriminated' the tiramisu fondue, a negative perception of it developed in all of us. haha...

The cheese fondue was already hardened as soon as it arrived. We could barely stir it. We asked for it to be changed and the person changed it for us readily.

Now this is better but it did still harden much faster than our previous visit so we had to really rush through to finish the fondue before it hardens. But it was still very tasty. This is the first time Lea, Yokie and Cheezecake were trying fondues and im glad they like it.

For the dippers....

We had marshmallows, almond nuts, bread, M&Ms chocolates, strawberries, bananas, peaches, kiwis. We requested for the M&Ms to be changed to bread because bread was the one that goes well with all the fondues.

This is the sticks we used for the fondue. This time we got the strawberry one.

and look at how we're enjoying the fondues...

Princess Lea.. ok with this review? lol
                          Last edited by Juneoesque; 09-07-2005, 05:06 PM.

Comment

AHHH!!! remove my face!!! lols

Comment

removed!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X