Minestrone Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minestrone Soup

I hv been craving for minestrone soup for the longest time but i cant seem to find any resturants that serve it other than MOS burger.

Any recommendations for this

Pizza Hut and Pastamania serve this as well

btw, how do we pronounce this? I heard a cashier pronouncing as "mee-nee-stro-nee"

i was like Or is that correct?

Comment

That's how i pronounce that.
      Oopsss...is it wrong

Comment

I thought it should be "mee-nee-strone"....So when the cashier pronounced as "mee-nee-stro-nee" i was very blur....

I think you are right, demigoddess yeah? I also dont really know

Comment

ya i think it's mee-nee-sto-nee. used to pronounce it your way too, till i worked part-time at a restaurant and the manager corrected me...

Comment

Thanks joyzz for confirming! I didnt know this sounds so weird! such a short word but what a mouthful...ok..meee..nee...STO...nee? without pronouncing the "r" ??

Comment

I think the 'e' in "mine" should be silent. So should be mine as in goldmines thus, mine-stron-ne or could be mine-strone.

Comment

ooops its my typo error. think should be with the "R"..haha...sorry sorry..cup you're so observant!!

Comment

haha so which is correct?

1) mini-stroni (mee-nee-stro-nee)
                  2) mine-stroni (mind-stro-nee)
                  3) mine-strone (2 syllabus)

Sorry demigoddess, made your thread goes off-topic... But i really want to know the right way..in case i

Comment

Pronunciation sounds odd because this is an Italian word. So it shouldn't be pronounced using English rules.

The really correct way of pronunciation should be something like ..
                    mee ner stro ney, stressing on the stro.

And to bring back the topic, I would like to know where I can find some filling and delicious minestrone soups.

Esther, is the minestrone served at MOS good?
                    Last edited by kare2711; 05-07-2005, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                      Pronunciation sounds odd because this is an Italian word. So it shouldn't be pronounced using English rules.

The really correct way of pronunciation should be something like ..
                      mee ner stro ney, stressing on the stro.
                      This sounds more comfortable without stressing on the "nee". I find it weird cos the guy stress on the "nee" which i find it a little funny. mee-neeeee-stro-neeee. haha okae thanks!

Can't compare between Mos Buger's and Pastamania's. Cause i cant really recall the taste of it. sorry can't be of much help here

Comment

oH! I Love Minestorone Soup... Which only know that MOS is selling....

^_*

Comment

You can try Delifrance Minestorone Soup but they dont have it everyday, I Love Delifrance's soup

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                            Esther, is the minestrone served at MOS good?
                            Well...beggers cant be chosers..
                            IMO, not too bad but not satisfying enough for my tummy

Comment

At the moment, only MOS Burger can satisfy my craving for Minestrone soup. I'm still searching for it. Hopefully one fine day, I can find a nice soup Very tempted to try Takashimaya Basement Pasta Cafe, just opposite to MOS Burger - their Minestrone soup look nice & filling

Comment

Working...
                              X