Long Beach Seafood Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Beach Seafood Restaurant

planning to go to Long Beach seafood restaurant for a meal with friends..any reviews,feedback about this restaurant?or any dishes to recommend?
    thanks!

Are you going to the east coast branch? I went there last week with my family and we stuffed ourselves silly. We had this $198 set for 4 people and it has both lobster and crab. The black pepper crab really lives up to its reputation of a signature dish.

I so want to eat there again!

Comment

ooo haven't been to Long Beach in years!
      plain_substance,what does the $198 set for 4 people include?

Comment

this is the one in east coast tennis centre right??

I dont like it at all.. Food is bad. service too..

Comment

the crabs are good, sweet and sour version. Had their chef's recommendation too, looks like cereal prawns but it includes some salted egg in the cooking, not bad too....but service is so-so, enjoy yr dinner there

Comment

Threads merged.

Long Beach is famed mainly for its crab dishes. Jumbo is probably the most famous, I thought? Some related posts about Long Beach in this thread:

http://forums.cozycot.com/showthread...ach#post376090

Comment

I can't remember the names of the dish... will just describe their appearance

-Bamboo clams with tons of garlic toppings
              -Some mix of vegetables with lotus root (I'm not into veggies)
              -Deep friend lobsters with egg fluff. The egg fluff is amazing! Melts in your mouth like cotton candy :wow:
              - 1X big fat black pepper crab
              -*** fun with prawns
              -Choice of dessert

Comment

I just went there last night and service was horrible! It was pretty crowded but the staff were downright rude and inexperienced. They didn't clear our tables at frequent intervals. plus, whenever a new dish came and there's no place on the table for the new dish, the waiter would just stand there! Not even a word of: could you help to make room for the dishes. I mean, he could have said that and we would have helped. Not just 1 waiter, all the servers behaved in this manner!

Worse was, when we started putting some of the food on one dish on to another, so the server can collect the empty dish and put the new dish down. They just stood while we held the empty dishes! And when they finally put the new dish down, they took their own sweet time to collect the empty dishes from our hands!

Food wise, they were ok. But I still prefer Jumbo. Cheap and good.

Comment

I tried the marina south branch and ECP branch.

food wise ok only. rated 6/10 by my family.

service was terrible. rated 3/10

I dont think ill ever go back again for my meals.

Comment

went there with my colleagues(to entertain customer), and i miss the bamboo clams.
                    forgotten to look at the menu. any idea what's the average rate for the dishes?

was at marina south branch and service was
                    the manager understands what suits the 'ang-mo''s tastebuds and recommend. went to check out when she realised our dessert was serve wrongly. waiter/waitress change out place after each dish.

anyone can recommend nosignboard, longbeach or jumbo is nicer and cheaper. and is it awkward if only 2 person is going? would prefer something friendly to the pocket, to stop my craving. or any place with nice bamboo clams?
                    Last edited by shan; 10-11-2005, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CheezeCake
                      I tried the marina south branch and ECP branch.

food wise ok only. rated 6/10 by my family.

service was terrible. rated 3/10

I dont think ill ever go back again for my meals.
                      ~agreed~
                      been to ms there once..
                      the food so-so 5/10
                      service was horrible.. i experienced that too..

Comment

Working...
                      X