Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina South - Whats good there?

Hi

There are so many steamboat stalls at marina south, may i know which is the best stall you tried so far?

and how much per pax? I'm having a steamboat dinner tonight thinking of going there, but not sure how much cash to bring for around 10 pax

please help!

thanks!

Almost all the BBQ steamboats there offer the same variety..prices are between $10 - 12 per person, cant remember coz its been a long time since i'm there

HTHs

Comment

Not steamboat but we love the curry fishhead at Marina South.

Comment

Oh ya....Curry Fish Head is yummy

Comment

Curry fishhead at which stall?

Thanks for the price input

Comment

i think it's nanas curry fish head! at the coffeeshop next to a shop that's sells remote controlled cars. very very spicy though. used to go there once a month! hehhehe

cUp for the steamboat .. you can try the "Zhen Fa Huo Hai Xian" .. they had the live prawns and crabs for each table restricted to no. of persons. $12 per head. so far no food poisoning as compared to my other horrendous experience with the other operators.

Comment

Yup am thinking of going there tonight!! I'll go Zhen Fa Huo Hai Xian (Long Xia da guo xiao nu hai* ) Thanks kestrel!

Hmm, I can't take spicy so the curry fishhead not quite suitable for me

Hope it dont rain!! I'm having bday celebration

* Lobster bigger than a little girl :eh: I think i sound stupid here :Doh: bad english.
              Last edited by cUp; 15-07-2005, 05:09 PM.

Comment

can i ask what time do the coffeeshops there close?

Comment

yeah Min my colleague also recommended me to go "Zhen Fa Huo Hai Xian" she said the live prawns are fresh and nice..go try and post your review o..

Comment

I tried the "Zhen Fa Huo Hai Xian" last month. It was fresh and prawns were nice. I ate alot. I think it's worth the money if you don't mind the heat. (because it is non-air con).

Not sure what time it closes. I left around 10pm and some people were still eating.

Comment

second "zhen fa huo hai xian" , the food there is much fresher.. especially the prawns and the marinated meat!! yummy!!

Comment

oh yes I like the curry too

Comment

I only go to the Dragon sth place. The seafood served included stingray, shark meat, mussels, squid, come in whole squid and the wings... They come with the ice-cream stick, that has red bean, durian and corn flavour. Not sure if you can get what I am referring to.

Where is the Zhen Fa Huo Hai Xian?

Any other that has better reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by cUp View Post
                            Hi

There are so many steamboat stalls at marina south, may i know which is the best stall you tried so far?

and how much per pax? I'm having a steamboat dinner tonight thinking of going there, but not sure how much cash to bring for around 10 pax

please help!

thanks!
                            Hi Sweeties,
                            Just to let u know that though cheap, I don't think the food is that CLEAN at marina south. The last time i was there, I was totally freaked out. There was a FAT RAT the about 1 1/2 times your palm (length) running about. My legs immediately were lifted off the ground and placed on a chair... didn't feel that hungry after

Comment

Yeah quite unhygenic, there were LOTS of flies flying around the food when i was there around 5, 6pm. I think I went to "zhen fa huo hai xian" too. But not bad, i love it when you can steamboat + BBQ at the same time.

OT but there is this new place, concept same as Marina South Steamboat places, $12 per adult at Boon Keng area. Live prawns and crabs too. Feel like trying soon :D No need go as far as Marina South anymore..

Comment

Working...
                              X