Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine Dinners

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine Dinners

    Hi babes!
    Anyone interested in the above mentioned or have tried something similar?
    Basically you would be served a 5/6 course western set dinner accompanied with different wines to compliment each dish.

    Please share your expeariences!

  • #2
    Never tried this before but Shatec offers this once every month. Its on a certain Friday of every month and the cost sounds pretty reasonable. think its around $60, IIRC. The venue is at ShaVilla, near Killiney Road.

    Comment


    • #3
      I went for one before, organized by one wine company. It was an eye-opener and definitely a good try though I wasn't quite a good drinker. As the course begun, it was interesting to see that your table was filled up with different shapes & sizes of wine glasses, of course with different wines served, according to what was served. I wished I can drink better, alas!

      Comment


      • #4
        Saint Pierre has a multi-course French dinner accompanied by several wines as well. Stated on the site:

        $90.00+++ per person
        WINE ACCOMPANIMENT $65
        CLASSIC FOIE GRAS SUPPLEMENT $12
        CHEESE SUPPLEMENT $10
        THIS MENU HAS TO BE TAKEN WHOLE BY THE ENTIRE TABLE

        I tried it earlier this year and it was truly fantastic.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have tried twice in exclusive invitations both times served with French food about 5 course thou the food were so delicate but its quite filling at the end of the dinner. I am not a wine person hence tends to appreciate the food more but my hubby like to try all the wines. It usually served one type of wine (red/white/champagne) with each dish. I don't mind attending more of such functions. heehee...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cc_lia
            I have tried twice in exclusive invitations both times served with French food about 5 course thou the food were so delicate but its quite filling at the end of the dinner. I am not a wine person hence tends to appreciate the food more but my hubby like to try all the wines. It usually served one type of wine (red/white/champagne) with each dish. I don't mind attending more of such functions. heehee...
            Wow..Glad you enjoyed the experience!
            Would you happen to keep the invitations? Could you forward it to me (softcopy)..
            I'm helping my hotel to organise a beer dinner & wine dinner..

            Comment


            • #7
              sorry my hubby throw them away long ago think it were last year events.

              if you are having beer not wine then can go with german food or western food.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by peaberry86
                Saint Pierre has a multi-course French dinner accompanied by several wines as well. Stated on the site:

                $90.00+++ per person
                WINE ACCOMPANIMENT $65
                CLASSIC FOIE GRAS SUPPLEMENT $12
                CHEESE SUPPLEMENT $10
                THIS MENU HAS TO BE TAKEN WHOLE BY THE ENTIRE TABLE

                I tried it earlier this year and it was truly fantastic.
                so we need to fill up one whole table before we can have the dinner right?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I finally remember the word to describe such dining:
                  Degustation.

                  I've been trying to think of this word since last year!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tonton
                    so we need to fill up one whole table before we can have the dinner right?
                    Not really. It can be an intimate table of two, or a private room for a big party! They just specify that the whole table has to go for the menu.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      http://www.saintpierre.com.sg/ looks good!!
                      but so expensive!!

                      that $90+++ is inclusive of??

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The degustation menu from Saint Pierre looks really good. Too bad I don't know anyone who would appreciate degustation.

                        I like the idea of degustation - to appreciate something carefully.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by liyun86
                          http://www.saintpierre.com.sg/ looks good!!
                          but so expensive!!

                          that $90+++ is inclusive of??
                          Inclusive of the entire degustation menu? And the usual GST and service charge. It is a great experience though, and worth trying for a special occasion.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            my taste buds gets drunk after 1-2 glasses, don't think i'll be able appreciate the rest of the food hehehehe....

                            had that before, last christmas ad Andre, dont' necessary agree with their choice of wine & food though I must say..

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X