Tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuna

Got a sudden craving for tuna! canned tuna. which brand do you all like? so far i've only tried ayam brand. any other brands which is nicer than ayam, to reccomend?

i like the ayam brand chilli tuna...yummy

Comment

I like farmland in onion oil

Comment

I only like the Ayam brand tuna - all flavours!!! However, if you want a more homemade flavour, you can try this "recipe":

- Buy Ayam brand tuna (chunks in light oil)
        - Use a fork to mash it into small pieces
        - Add finely diced onions, tomatoes, garlic (small amounts of garlic please)
        - Squeeze fresh lime juice over it
        - Mix thoroughly & store in the fridge

It's really good when it's cold & made into sandwiches! My SO taught me this simple but yummy recipe!!!

Comment

thanks for the replies and tips, girls!

any idea if it's good or bad for health if we take tuna 5 days a week?

Comment

I think u girls might b grossed out from my recipe but i swear it taste divine!!!!! A can of tuna flakes/chunks in oil. Discard most of the oil, then pour into frying pan & fry in medium fire. Add tomato sauce (enough to make the tuna orangey colour.. i will say bout 2 to 3 tablespoons)!! Continue frying till tuna turn a bit brownish from the fire. DIsh out & serve! Goes divine on toast or just eat alone or serve with amaerican breakfast.. fired sausages & bulleye eggs.. Oh man! Sinful!!!!

Comment

Yes, before eating, pls use a spoon to scoop out the oil or brine.
              (Depending which type you buy)

Comment

shi: I think it's alright cos tuna's high in nutrients & vitamins. But it'll be unhealthy if you only eat tuna cos tuna alone's insufficient to provide you with ALL the nutrients you need. Balance is key here. HTHS!

peekaboo
                : Yeah, i've tried it before too! Very yummy!!!

Comment

I like ayam brand - chili tuna, as well as mayonaise hot!!

Comment

Tuna is supposed to be good..if its fresh. Sadly, the tuna we get all comes in cans or tins. So that isn't so good for health with all the preservatives.

Comment

:Doh: that's really sad to hear...but any brand of tuna with very little preservatives, to recommend?

Comment

Haha.. Get fresh tuna then! Cos canned tuna's bound to contain preservatives..

Comment

Consumed maguro sashimi then. My fav

Comment

Has anyone seen fresh tuna around? Not the sushi kind. But fresh as in something you can get from supermarkets or wet markets. I've never seen it before.

Comment

Yeah, you can get it. But not from the wet market kind.. Only from supermarkets like Cold Storage, Jason's, Marketplace, etc..

Comment

Working...
                              X