Biryani Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biryani Rice

I love Biryani Rice. Fragrant, fluffy and ooh so delicious. And not to forget the perfect accompaniment, curry. Chicken curry, masala etc. Yum yum yum.

If you are a lover of biryani too, where do you normally get it from?

I like Hasanah at Little India. They have a good selection of curries and masalas and the biryani is quite aromatic and tasty as well.
    Last edited by admin; 15-09-2005, 09:46 AM.

Islamic Restaurant along North Bridge Road. Love the dahl and chicken bryani and fish, achar, etc.

Comment

i like mine at thomson rd. they have great prata too!
      its right beside thomson PO.

Comment

my bf loves the briyani along thomson road ("the prata shop" iirc) just before Thomson Yaohan. Not sure if it's the one Krispourri was talking about but it's next to a Standard Chartered bank and along the same stretch, there's a Guardian pharmacy, Sweet Secrets, coffee shops and Macdonalds. Opposite is UOB bank. Briyani is good and so is the prata kosong

The mutton briyani at Adam Road Food Centre ("The Briyani Stall") is great too but the owner works erratically. He opens and closes as per his wishes which means we get it if we are lucky.

Comment

northpoint foodcourt sells delicious bryani too. but standard and their attitude drops a little after renovation.
          nevertheless, you still see long queue out of the foodcourt in the evening...

Comment

This sinful dish is my hubby favourite!! And we always go to Tekka Market Centre to queue up at this stall called Allaudin's. It always have super long queue irregardless you go on weekdays or weekends. But its really good and recommended by Makansutra.

Comment

I have it once at one of the shops near amoy street, its fantastic too

Comment

Originally posted by cc_lia
                This sinful dish is my hubby favourite!! And we always go to Tekka Market Centre to queue up at this stall called Allaudin's. It always have super long queue irregardless you go on weekdays or weekends. But its really good and recommended by Makansutra.

i second that! the bryiani at this stall is AMAZING...every single grain is coated in spicy fragrance....makes my mouth water just by queuing up.... :wow:

Comment

haha...Jadeite, that's what my hubby said too every single grain is well marinated can eat it on its own with curry gravy no need any meat. And he really loves their Mutton bryani said the meat melts in the mouth but mutton bryani usually sells out before 12noon so if want mutton got to go there at 10am to start queuing

Comment

Just tried out Chutney Mary's bryani on fri and was really quite impressed! My colleagues and I had their chicken bryani, chad, kebab and all of us had a really good time.

Their bryani is made in the typical north Indian style, i.e. the dry kind w/o curry and every single grain of rice is coated with spice and the result? Fragrant and beautifully flavored bryani rice, that is neither too oily or overwhelming.

Each serving of bryani comes with 2 generous pieces of chicken and ladies who don't normally eat a whole mountain full of rice are advised to share with another person if you are not starving. Portions are really generous.

Chutney Mary is located on Siglap Road, along the same stretch as Siglap Ctr.

Comment

Working...
                    X