Calamari Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calamari Rings

Where's the best place to get thick, juicy yet crispy calamari rings? I calamari rings (never mind the cholesterol, haha!), but can't seem to find any good ones in Sg.

Personally, I don't really like the ones at Fish & Co - the rings are too thin and not juicy at all! Moonfish serves pretty decent ones, but the portions aren't fantastic.

Any good recommendations?

Hey, what about Changing Appetites at Marina Square... I think it's not too bad very big, nice and juicy, but duuno if it's to your liking

Comment

Hi,

I quite like the one served at Bobby Rubinos at Chjimes.....

Comment

not calamari rings, but the squid heads at Old Chang Kee is nice, esp with sambal! my fave item there

Comment

I like the ones they serve at Coffee Club! Very crispy and nice!

Marche and Swenson's ones are average IMO.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Prego's but I gotta say their calamari rings fit the bill of thick,fat and juicy! very yummy indeed
            Perhaps the biggest ones I've seen as well lol
            do give it a try,creepcake!

Comment

A few places I know of,

Jerry's Grill at Jln Kayu and Club Street, there Calamari is good, thick type.

China Jump used to serve very nice ones

Mache also good

The San Hoi San coffee shop along Katong where Boon Tong Kee is got this butter sotong also best

Comment

you've got to try essential brew!! thick, so thick! so thick they look like rubber rings! slurps!

Comment

Heya ladies, thanks for the heads-up! Will try out those recommendations as listed!

razzleydazzley: Actually, I was ranting about the food in Essential Brew in the other thread! I tried their calamari rings last week, and while I agree they were thick & juicy, they were way too oily for my liking! Every bite simply oozed oil. Very disappointing

Comment

wow! that bad! but i just simply love them! yum! too much oil shouldn't eat too often!

Comment

Originally posted by se7enseas
                      not calamari rings, but the squid heads at Old Chang Kee is nice, esp with sambal! my fave item there
                      yes yes! they are delicious and well marinated!

Comment

How about Fish & Co Calamari? I always accompany my husband to eat until I forgot which place I try

Comment

Originally posted by se7enseas
                          yeah!! i love it too! *drools* so chewy..

Comment

try Marche's!

Comment

I like the one at spageddies.

Comment

Working...
                              X