X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans of Kaya Toast!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum
    I was just wondering where does everyone go for their kaya toast fix?
    Prefer the thicker slice type a la Killiney Kopitiam or the crunchier version like Ya Kun?
    Any place to recommend?
    I LOVE kaya toast!! Got to have it at least once a week!
    I also like the runny eggs!

Ya Kun is my fave but standards differ in different branches.

The toast is very crunchy and the tiny slabs of butter are !

I love the thick kopi they serve too. Must have once a week.

Comment

Ya Kun's really good for their kaya toast and runny eggs! But I think there are too many branches already. I personally feel that the original Killiney Kopitiam's kaya the best though.

I recently found out there is another kaya toast place which is called Ah Mei. It is located at Paragon Basement , right next to the 7-11 there. They actually sell this snack called the "Kaya Zhang" or known as Kaya Dumplings. The kaya is served with sugarless rice dumplings with coconut and you can dip it with kaya and relish it!
      I thought it was an interesting concept but I am not a fan of dumplings except for my mom!

Comment

Originally posted by echo_nym
        Ya Kun is my fave but standards differ in different branches.

The toast is very crunchy and the tiny slabs of butter are !

I love the thick kopi they serve too. Must have once a week.

Yeah! I love the kopi too!!
        I agree standards differ.. Some branches make it too milky IMHO...
        I just had a cup of bad, i mean really bad: watery and bland , coffee from Ya Kun last week! Parkway Parade branch... It turned my opinion of Ya Kun down an ity bity bit.. heeee

Comment

killiney killiney killiney!

i love their kaya! my house fridge always stock at least one bottle of their kaya!

Comment

Originally posted by stilafaux
            Ya Kun's really good for their kaya toast and runny eggs! But I think there are too many branches already. I personally feel that the original Killiney Kopitiam's kaya the best though.

I recently found out there is another kaya toast place which is called Ah Mei. It is located at Paragon Basement , right next to the 7-11 there. They actually sell this snack called the "Kaya Zhang" or known as Kaya Dumplings. The kaya is served with sugarless rice dumplings with coconut and you can dip it with kaya and relish it!
            I thought it was an interesting concept but I am not a fan of dumplings except for my mom!
            I second Ah Mei! Their Ah Mei Milk Tea is fabulous! It's so smooth and yummie! MUST TRY!

Comment

Killiney is nice. But sometime i find it too sweet.

Comment

Hahaha I like Killiney's coffee, Ah Mei's milk tea. Ya Kun's tea is not bad too but coffee is not nice. I have all 3 of these at my place, left, right & front of my office building, so I drink Killiney coffee everyday! I prefer Killiney's Kaya toast then the other 2.

There's a new one at Wisma food court but I didn't notice what's the name of this new contender

Comment

I think AH Mei's kaya toast has a thick slab of butter in it compared to Ya Kun's. Just info for those who dont like their toasts with too much butter!

Comment

Yes I agree with Michelle. The thing I don't like about Ah mei's tost is that it's not very hot, hence the butter don't melt, so you'll be like eating thick slab of butter

Comment

Originally posted by stilafaux

Kaya dumpling is an old traditional dumpling, just that it is uncommon in Singapore I guess.
                      I remembered eating that when I was younger, back in Malaysia, we had it for breakfast haha even when it it is not dumpling festival. It is wrapped in banana leaf like the nasi lemak packaging.
                      Hahah but i cannot finished 1 packet by myself, too rich for me. =)

Comment

yeah but i think they are bringing back the olden goodies

My mom really enjoys it alot!

Comment

prefer killiney's one, crisp is just nice, not those crunchy feel.
                          plus i go for their curry chicken.

Comment

I am definitely not a fan of Killiney's kaya toast. I love the thin, crispy toast from Ya Kun! Kaya wise, Killiney's has too much egg making it very "formless" I think I still prefer Ya Kun's

Comment

maybe u guys want to try the kaya fondue outside esplanade.. u know the makansutra eating place?

Comment

Working...
                              X