Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Noodles

Hi Hi,
    I'm craving for beef noodles. Love the dry noodles with thick gravy. Had it at Scotts shopping centre food court. Where else are these famous beef noodles stall you would recommend?

Beef Noodles?

Even though I don?t eat beef, I do go with my bf. So I can pass my beef to him.

I like the one at Beach Road food centre (Army Market) most!!
    Operated by a 50s couple, it?s on the 2nd floor, corner stall facing the stairs.
    Even brought my baby daph there to eat before. I love the thick herbal gravy and the clear beef stock and the generous sprinkling of roasted peanuts. Heeee?.

Hock Lam Beef Noodles at Purvis Street is 2nd choice for me.
    But serving is pathetically small, more appropriate in feeding a baby. Hahaha..
    Warning: Try not to go on a hot sunny day cos most seatings are non air-con outside the shop.

Comment

I go to Hock Lam at Purvis St too. Hb and i quite like the beef noodle there. We usually ask for soupy ones though

Comment

Taiwanese Lai Lai beef noodles opp. Parco Bugis. is that called Liang Seah St.?
        and the pearl milk tea is marvelous! :D

Comment

anyone tried the Joo Chiat one? been around for quite long, but never pluck up courage to try. Right behind Joo Chiat Complex.

Current Tampines Mall's is popular
          Foodcourt at Paradiz Centre used to have a good one. not sure if still around.

missed those that topped with salted vegetables anywhere still serve them??

Comment

Originally posted by Roo
            Taiwanese Lai Lai beef noodles opp. Parco Bugis. is that called Liang Seah St.?
            and the pearl milk tea is marvelous! :D
            That?s Lai Lai Beef noodles and yes, it?s along Liang Seah Street (btw Bugis Junction and Shaw Centre).

Paradiz Centre ? I only know the fishball noodles is nice, long queue during lunch hours.

Comment

Try the one on Level 4 Wisma Atria Food Republic. Taste pretty good too.

Comment

I like the one at Lavender Street Food Square! Very yummy! But I usually take the soup version so no idea about the dry type. Btw, that food centre has ALOT of good food which ppl come all over the island to queue for! (wanton noodles, popiah, dim sum, western food stall, frog porridge, turtle soup, etcetc..). Nearby, you'd also find pig-intestines soup that is

A different type of beef noodles would be Thai-style beef noodles! Thaksin Beef Noodles (yes, that's it's name indeed! ) at Clementi Central (behind the NTUC building, NOT facing the main road, facing the OCBC bank...) serves up a wickedly delightful bowl! With herbs and spices and yums!

Comment

Thanks all for the inputs!
                  I am really eager to try it all.

geekchic,
                  I was about to ask if anyone has tried the one at lavender street. I preferred to have dry type especially with squeezed lime in it. I'm really drooling now...

Comment

Originally posted by didi
                    Try the one on Level 4 Wisma Atria Food Republic. Taste pretty good too.
                    I just knew the food section is opened recently. Didn't know they have beef noodles. I must go and try this weekend when I'm in town. :wow:

Comment

Really? heh, I've never been a dry beef-noodles eater! Will try that sometime!
                      Happy exploring and eating!

Comment

wow!! beef noodles & kaya toast can warrant me a visit to Wisma soon

i quite freaked out by the Lavender's, weak-hearted girls should avoid during the early part of the day while the operators prepare the cow parts. go in the evening, not so 'spectacular'!!

Comment

I love Holland V Windmill Foodcourt - Taiwaness Style Beef Noodle, it's so & Beach Road (Army Market) 2nd floor Hainaness Beef Noodle. It's next to the "Healthy Char Keow Teow" stall.

Comment

Originally posted by vernis
                            anyone tried the Joo Chiat one? been around for quite long, but never pluck up courage to try. Right behind Joo Chiat Complex.

Current Tampines Mall's is popular
                            Foodcourt at Paradiz Centre used to have a good one. not sure if still around.

missed those that topped with salted vegetables anywhere still serve them??
                            Topped with salted vege and "chopped-up" peanuts? There's a popular one at the old Hougang Interchange. It's a stall in a coffee shop, not the big hawker center. Queue is always super long.

Comment

I love beef noodles!!! Especially the followings:

i) Emerald Food Court (the one opp Somerset MRT Station);
                              ii) coffee shop near MacPherson Jackson Food centre. The soup version is and the dry one not bad...it's topped with peanuts.
                              iii) Lavender Food centre.
                              iv) Hock Lam Beef noodles (purvis/china sq).

*drooling now*

Comment

Working...
                              X