X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyu-Kaku Jap bbq restaurant

Anybody try this before?

http://www.gyu-kaku.com.sg/main/default.asp

Heard its nice but very ex. recently they hv jack up their prices by 20%.

I had lunch there before. Prices is a little more than a set-lunch at Jack's Place. It's not exactly a Japanese restaurant though but a Japanese restaurant that serves Korean food. BBQ is nice and so is their spicy tofu soup.

Comment

I've been there before too... prices for sets are about 10+ onwards. Had the kimchi chicken which was pretty nice. it's really more korean than jap like what dimples said.

only complain is that it's freaking cold especially if you didn't order the bbq. but i guess it's to counter the hot bbq.

Comment

it's quite ex. the menu is quite unique. there are different kinds of meat and seafood too. you can order the different types of marinade for each meat or seafood then you barbecue it yourself. the portions are not much, quite little in fact for the price that they charge but you can tell it's of good quality, especially the wagyu beef. horrifyingly expensive but terribly worth it cos the meat is so tender. i ordered prawns, the wagyu beef, lamb, chicken, a noodle dish and the price was close to $100 for 2 of us.

Comment

I just went there, it's really good. I liked the whole concept and the decor is pretty. Set lunches are more worth it IMO as dinner is ala carte and pretty expensive!! Somehow the smoke of the food doesn't make you smell as bad as say like a dinner at seoul garden etc. I had some cold noodle which was fabulous and also really liked the mushrooms and the tongue!

Bill came up to 95 for the three of us I think they have a discount with a HSBC card or something. Oh and service is really really good! Everyones super polite, I left with a full stomach and a big fat smile on my face!

Comment

This restaurant is great! Nice decor, good service, even better food. I had dinner there, ordered a set (set B, I think), plus a few a la carte items. Everything was delicious!

There were some Korean appetizers like kimchi, a yummy salad with sesame sauce, an unmemorable soup, and lots of meat! I know it sounds disgusting but the tongue part is very tender. Also, try the asparagus cooked in butter, and the lamb! I don't like to eat lamb generally but it is very fresh and well marinated here.

The bill came up to about $90 per person, but that's also cos we had too many beers But all in all, it's a fantastic place with excellent food for family and friends.

Comment

i tried the food there for dinner.

Wonderful! Have to make reservations.

Else be prepared to be disappointed.

Comment

i tried before.. it's very nice but expensive. Didnt eat much with my SO and still the bill came up to be about 70 plus... but the beef is good!!

Comment

hehehe....lemme tempt you with some photos.....

Comment

thanks for the pictures babe!..looks good.
                    i m deciding between this and Keyaki rest to bring my bf for his birthday...think the price range is ard the same.
                    Keyaki is $55+++ ala carte buffet....

Comment

hi there.. the pics look yummy..... is it $55 per person??? and is it locate at chimes???

Comment

sorry if I made you confused...55+++ is for the Kekyai buffet at Pacific Hotel.

Gyu is ala-carte, got 2 branches-- UE sq and Chjimes.

Comment

so this restaurant is at pacific hotel?
                          $55 ++for 1?
                          Originally posted by linggy
                          sorry if I made you confused...55+++ is for the Kekyai buffet at Pacific Hotel.

Gyu is ala-carte, got 2 branches-- UE sq and Chjimes.

Comment

This restaurant is at Chijmes or UE Sq.

Keyaki is at Pan Pacific hotel which btw, they serve buffet now?

Comment

Kekayi only served buffet on st and sunday. =)

Just came back from chjimes's gyu... good service! the food is nice but too bad I tighten my braces this afternoon so i missed out on the beef. =)

pls dont forget to try the avocado & tofu salad!
                              Last edited by linggy; 10-01-2006, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X