Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high tea at hotels

Hi cotters

I can't seem to find recommendations and rates on hi-tea at our local hotels.
    Is any place nice and not too hurting to the wallet for high teas in a nice hotel?

Please share.

Thanks

Oh..hi-tea is my fave activity - can relax and chat with friends while feasting on nice finger food.

I like Goodwood Park English Hi-tea especially after their revamp earlier this year. It's really good the food and i find the variety just nice. They have a team of chefs working on the food right at the counter too. And the food are so yummy that me and my friends ate so much that we had no space for dinner after that.

The Ritz Carlton English Hi-tea is nice if you are going for the ambience. It's more spacious that Goodwood Park and hence alot less noisy since the tables are spaced further apart. Comfy sofas seats accompanied by a live band ( just don't sit at the table right in front of the band - can get a little too loud ) and they use such lovely tea pots to serve you tea! I am so tempted to buy a similar teapot home after that. Food wise, the selection is not alot but i prefer the food at Goodwood Park. They do have quite a big selection of gourmet chocolate here though. And a mix of chinese dim-sum together with the usual tarts, cakes and pies.

I would not recommend the Four Seasons English Hi-Tea at One-Ninety though. The selection is very limited. They serve the food ini a 3-tiers tray to your table instead of the usual buffet-style. And the waiters will go around with a tray of various food to re-fill your tier. Very nice service but i don't quite fancy the food there.

Comment

I still like Marriott hotel's hi-tea. Cost around $26+++ for weekends. This is the best value-for-money hi-tea. International spread with Japanese, Chinese, Western food. Quality is ok but for the price, I can't complain.

Ritz's English hi-tea is good though variety was limited. I don't really like the chairs though; I was seated in those big armchairs where the table came up to my knee. I practically had to bend over all the time to eat. But the ambience and food quality is pretty good.

Comment

I second the Marriott's hi-tea as well. The range is amazing, there's defintely something for everyone. I always look forward to the yummy cakes and homemade apple pies at the end ..simply yummy

Comment

Went conrad oscar for hightea w friends, was quite disappointed, the selection of food is very limited, no oysters and sushimi..the theme i guess i local delights as the food offering are rojak, laksa, dim sum, congee..there is really nothing to rave about..

Comment

hi dodo, sad to hear that! Maybe next time you should give them a call to enquire about they type of food they are offering at the buffets/hi-tea before going down. Thats what i'll usually do.

Any one been to Shangri-la's?

Comment

Marriot hotel's hi-tea is good!

Comment

Been to Orchard Hotel's...Quite Couldn't remember the exact price though, but not much different from the usual, around $20+, variety ain't exceedingly fantastic, but the food's good, definitely worth a try!

Comment

I went to Royal Scotts Hotel (I think so). http://www.royalplaza.com.sg

The one opposite Far East Plaza, beside DFS. Had high tea at Cafe Vienna. They have a sumptous spread. Quality and presentation is good. I am not quite sure how much because my boss treated us.

Comment

You can try Grand Hyatt Hotel too. Better to make reservations in advance as they are full house most of the time. It was $23+++ when I last went there 4 years ago. International buffet and the food is good.

Comment

hotel continental in bugis..

Comment

hi pinkneow,

are you referring to Olive Tree - Hotel Intercontinental @ Bugis?

Comment

i agree that good wood park's high tea is .. however expect a crowd as it was *** advertised in the 8 days..
                          i wld nt recommend oriental hotel's high tea as food is served in a 3-tier tray and there is no re-fill or wad so ever and service is slow.. the tables are not good as you have to bend over to have your food due to the height of the tables

Comment

reviving this thread since the weekend is coming up.... looks like the marriot's high tea has the most votes so far any other reviews? I'm also interested in the hotel intercontinental high tea, what do they serve?

Comment

Anyone can post the pricing for the Ritz & Goodwood Park's high tea?

Comment

Working...
                              X