Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it sounds so good dear!

though the thought of stretches and splits frighten me lots :sotong:

will try it once i'm back from Pilates! (hopefully, my pilates lessons in london go well)

as for me, my exercise regime is gone thanks to work. all my hard-won achievements have gone to waste!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimples
      Oh that's why... I thought they'll force you to perform splits all day.
      that's actually what happened during my secondary school days! i had this crazy chinese dance teacher ( we had "chinese dance" instead of "PE" sometimes....). we actually had this "test" during which every one in the class had to do a split! she gave us a few month to practise before the test. then she would use a ruler to measure how "low" we could go and anyone who failed to go below a certain measurement (i think it's 30 cm?) would fail the test!!!!

i passed. but got a big fat D cos i just reached 30 cm. :sotong:

Comment

• Originally posted by pandora76
        OK, the instructors are all full time dancers with the SDT, so you will be learning from the professionals. Class sizes will vary, but on average there will be 10 - 15 students per class. For Beginners, you aren't expected to wear full ballet attire, although you need the ballet shoes and these cost below $30 a pair so that's affordable. People wear track pants and tees to the class. But if you want the real 'feel' of ballet then you can buy - or custom make - a leotard and get a pair of tights. You can find these at Sonata, a dance supplies store at Orchard Plaza. Links to Sonata's website as well as SDT's website can be found in CozyCulture. HTH!
        thanks pan! will wait for the new class schedules and see if can fit into mine! told hubby about it. he actually encouraged me to go, saying that life is short, you only live once, no regret kinda things.

Comment

• Originally posted by kab
          he actually encouraged me to go, saying that life is short, you only live once, no regret kinda things.
          My sentiments exactly! Go for it!

Your Chinese Dance teacher sounds really scary though!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shon
            Y not try on Yoga? I only paid S$42 for 12 lesson, in Buona Vista CC. Don't u think it is cheap?

Buona Vista CC yoga??? Hey me too! Which class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joce7878
              Buona Vista CC yoga??? Hey me too! Which class?
              Eh, really? Me on Tuesday 730 - 830pm . U ***??

Comment

Eh, really? Me on Tuesday 730 - 830pm . U ***??
                Weds... 8pm. I think we have diffferent teachers though.

Comment

• Mine is teaching in Mandarin. I can't remember her name..... :p
                  My class is a beginner class. urs?

Comment

Mine is teaching in Mandarin. I can't remember her name..... :p
                    My class is a beginner class. urs?
                    Mine's in English... been with my yoga teacher for 2 yrs now. Not a beginners class. Hope you enjoy your class.

Comment

• Joce7878, one question to ask: I know they got intermediate and advanced classes. If I have attended all the classes for both levels, do they have the class only for the advanced learner?? U said u have been there for 2 yrs, then u must be very experienced now.

Comment

Joce7878, one question to ask: I know they got intermediate and advanced classes. If I have attended all the classes for both levels, do they have the class only for the advanced learner?? U said u have been there for 2 yrs, then u must be very experienced now.
                        Errr... I think there are no hard and fast rules for yoga in CCs. It really depends on your teacher. Mine insists that we follow her from beginners stage. So I have more or less the same classmates for 2 yrs, and we build up our routine slowly together...

Still learning... lots of things to learn.

Some threads with yoga discussions... but must be patient to sieve through...

Workout - Help
                        2003 Fitness Challenge

Comment

• Joce, hmm .. do you have idea if Buona Vista CC has Pilates class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joce7878
                            Errr... I think there are no hard and fast rules for yoga in CCs. It really depends on your teacher. Mine insists that we follow her from beginners stage. So I have more or less the same classmates for 2 yrs, and we build up our routine slowly together...

Still learning... lots of things to learn.

Some threads with yoga discussions... but must be patient to sieve through...

Workout - Help
                            2003 Fitness Challenge
                            Oh, i just wonder if I have finished all the classes whether the tutor will still teach the Advanced learner. I find it very challenging while doing the Yoga. I got practice at home sometimes after the lesson. Do you find it easy to do most of Yoga exercises??

Comment

• Originally posted by kare2711
                              Joce, hmm .. do you have idea if Buona Vista CC has Pilates class?
                              Kare2711, I dun think there is any pilates class in Buona Vista CC. Maybe u can look for the class in other CCs.
                              You can try to check this link:
                              http://www.pa.gov.sg/. You click on the "CC Online (courses, activities, facilities, memberships & CCs <http://pa-online.pa.gov.sg/cc-online>. Then, you choice "Courses". After that, you can either type "Pilates" in the search column or choose "Keepfit" in the "Area of Interest". Then, you should see there are some classes shown in different CCs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kare2711
                                Joce, hmm .. do you have idea if Buona Vista CC has Pilates class?
                                Yes there is... there is an on going class on wed 7.45pm I think. Not sure if they will take in students halfway into a 3-mth course... but sometimes they do, no harm asking.

When I next go for class, will grab a copy of the list of classes for you yeah?

Shon, of course u can continue if you want to. As I said, it really depends on your teacher... u need to ask her.

Comment

Working...
                                X