Gym/Fitness Clubs - California / PlanetFitness / Amore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym/Fitness Clubs - California / PlanetFitness / Amore

I am a CF member. But I rarely use its facilities. Prefer to just go out and jog rather than using their gym. *waste of $$*.

I don't know about other CF branch but I find the orchard branch getting really more and more crowded. But there are more nice looking guys and gals frequenting that branch though.

I do heard that CF is going to set up a Tampines branch soon. Tampines is a big town so I guess it is going to be really popular.

sorry but i like jogging and i can certain job more than 5mins but then i daydream helluva lot so before i know it, 2.4km is over

oh and joggin outdoors and in the gym is definitely different, there's no aircon outdoors!!! it's like eating indoors and alfresco

Comment

I'm not sure about jogging...isn't it bad for the knees or something? I have weak knees....

I only like exercises in which I get to lie down a lot. Like yoga and pilates! *LOL*

Comment

haha pandora!!
        humm.. yu tried pilates?? is it any good?? been wanting to try...

Comment

Originally posted by "piglet"

haha pandora!!
          Yep. It's great! Everyone should try it! It's quite challenging when you first start out because you have to get used to the breathing and movements...not to mention the BURRRRN in your stomach muscles...but when you get the hang of it, it's really fun!

Comment

Originally posted by "piglet"

haha pandora!!
            i've tried Pilates. took a 12 week course (1hr per week) and i liked it heaps! really relaxing but you can feel your 'core' muscles being worked. also gave great posture (alas! too lazy now so am not walking as 'tall' as i should be) and sense of balance (weirdly enough!)

mine was mat-work tho. didn't do any machine work

Comment

hey... anyone of u know if there are any fitness center whose instructors speak mandarin. my mum is looking for a fitness but she's a housewife, don't think she will fit in to the yuppie crowd at CF or PF... but she'd like to join a gym with personal trainers...

anyone can help?

Comment

Anyone goes to Planet Fitness at Suntec?

I'm having a 1 week trial and so far I love it lots there. Am seriously thinking of getting the membership there but knowing myself too well, i probably need motivation from friends to get my lazy butt there

Comment

i m very shy...still sticking it out at Amore. around $180 for 3 months. haha wanna get a better body before going to a mixed crowd gym, preferably with bf..

Comment

Originally posted by Joelle
                    hey... anyone of u know if there are any fitness center whose instructors speak mandarin. my mum is looking for a fitness but she's a housewife, don't think she will fit in to the yuppie crowd at CF or PF... but she'd like to join a gym with personal trainers...

anyone can help?
                    Hey Joelle,

I am not sure which gym will that be. But you can ask for chinese speaking trainers if your mum likes that particular gym

Besides CF or PF, there is club fit gym which is cheaper but then again, they may not have personal trainers services from what I recall.

HTH

Comment

Hi Verda and Alya,

thanks for your replies!

Alya,
                      i'm an Amore member. took the basic package, but the classes are sooo crowded!! The trial package u mentioned - does it include gym sessions? My mum is more interested in the gym than class...any idea how much a personal trainer would cost at amore?

Verda,
                      my mum has been to the gym at Chua Chu Kang stadium, not sure if it is under Clubfitt, but there are trainers there to assist you, not personal trainers though. my mum didn't like it - they weren't Chinese, not that she's racist but she can't speak English, so can't ask them for help

Anyway thanks for the suggestion, gals. we might check out Amore... keep those responses coming!

Comment

Anyone tried the new fitness place at Paragon?

Comment

Hi gals!

I usually go to the sports council gym at delta road. now i am thinking of upgrading and wanna join a fitness club.

planet fitness at great world city would be the nearest to my home. does any one go there? would like to know about the fee, the crowd (mostly men or ladies?), and the staff.

Thanks!

Comment

i'm looking for a personal trainer to trim and tone my flabby arms & thighs + bulging tummy heard that personal trainers at CF are $70/hr? it's too expensive for me - is that the market rate? any cheaper alternatives? TIA!

Comment

the spa fitness club at oub plaza

Comment

Working...
                              X