Cellulite! Stretch marks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellulite! Stretch marks!

ok so we know nothing gets rid of them but proper spot toning BUT since this is a beauty board; let's talk about what you use to combat the above

me - nothing, even tho' i've bad cellulite on my thighs, which appeared when i stopped exercising, drats

can someone explain stretch marks?

Re: Cellulite! Stretch marks!

Originally posted by bluebubble

can someone explain stretch marks?
    Stretch marks occur when the skin is suddenly stretched or reduced in size. For example, during puberty, when there are sudden growth spurts in height or weight gain.(This explains the stretch marks on the sides of my butt. :pissed: ) Or if there is a sudden weight loss, like very fat ppl who diet and lose alot of weight. :queen:

Most of us will have some faint stretch marks here and there, if you notice carefully, near the knees or the sides of your butt.

Comment

My anti-cellulite HG is YSL's Ligne Pure. This has made my cellulite near-invisible to the eye, and it's improved the texture of the skin on the back of my thighs marvellously!

I know quite a number of other gals on this board are also fans of this stuff. Get your bottles from DFS, they have twin packs which are great value for money.

Comment

price? i'll go check around the shops near my office 1st

Originally posted by pandora76
        My anti-cellulite HG is YSL's Ligne Pure. This has made my cellulite near-invisible to the eye, and it's improved the texture of the skin on the back of my thighs marvellously!

I know quite a number of other gals on this board are also fans of this stuff. Get your bottles from DFS, they have twin packs which are great value for money.

Comment

Price? Erm, I think something in between $70 - 80? DFS was selling 2 bottles for $120 or $130, I think.

Comment

thanks, will go check out soon

Originally posted by pandora76
            Price? Erm, I think something in between $70 - 80? DFS was selling 2 bottles for $120 or $130, I think.

Comment

Put on a total of 12kg during my 2 yrs' stay in HK and my weight plummet when I came back Sg. I belong to one of those who have stretch marks. Have been battling with my stretch marks since 1998. Have been using CD Micro Gel religiously for 2 years until I realised that this is actually an anti-cellulite control gel. Have been blur for 2 years and still applying this hoping it will help. Why is there no anti-stretch marks gel in the market huh?

Comment

shea butter is supposed to help stretch mark lots; read a woman who used TBS body butter (has shea stuff) on herself thru' her pregnancy and she claims no stretch marks

Originally posted by raebelasian
                Put on a total of 12kg during my 2 yrs' stay in HK and my weight plummet when I came back Sg. I belong to one of those who have stretch marks. Have been battling with my stretch marks since 1998. Have been using CD Micro Gel religiously for 2 years until I realised that this is actually an anti-cellulite control gel. Have been blur for 2 years and still applying this hoping it will help. Why is there no anti-stretch marks gel in the market huh?

Comment

shea butter is supposed to help stretch mark lots; read a woman who used TBS body butter (has shea stuff) on herself thru' her pregnancy and she claims no stretch marks
                  I also heard Clarins Body Oils helped in stretch marks. Read abt this model who uses this thru out her pregnancy and there was no stretch marks for her.

Pan, I second YSL Ligne Pure....I think I am into 4th bottle now? Thanks to you!!

Comment

Shea butter it should be then! *hopeful*

Comment

Originally posted by meow123

Pan, I second YSL Ligne Pure....I think I am into 4th bottle now? Thanks to you!!
                      This really can help to remove those irritating "white" lines?

Comment

I think the white lines are the stretch marks. Once you get stretch marks, the only way is to make it look less obvious by moisturizing and try to maintain your weight.

My gf has a 2 yr old kid and she has no stretchmarks because she started using some stretchmark cream from Neal's Yard since day 1 she found out she's preggers. Palmer's Cocoa Butter has a stretchmark cream that supposedly helps too. Shea butter I dunno but a bit sticky right?

Cellulite is mainly hereditary I think. My mother is 50+ and all my aunties who are mostly older than my mom from both paternal and maternal side are all cellulite free. So thank heavens I also have no cellulite. One less thing to worry about

Comment

So what exactly does the YSL Pure Ligne do? Get rid of the stretch marks? Or do the impossible ofr getting rid of the cellulite too?

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                            So what exactly does the YSL Pure Ligne do? Get rid of the stretch marks? Or do the impossible ofr getting rid of the cellulite too?
                            It helps to elminate water retention problems esp around the bloated tummy. It works great for me! I can see improvments. It has been my holy grail since i embarked on it.

Comment

Ooh, so cute. Both of you said almost the same things.

Comment

Working...
                              X