Remedy for THE cramp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy for THE cramp?

my sis always have this very very cramp every month during the *ahem*.
    it gives her stomach spasm, backache, sore waist and not only she's down with MC at home, she need medication.

last night, she was suffering and broke into tears.

anyone has some remedy?

i'm one of those with no problem when it comes to this, so i'm at a loss...

Oh dear. Knew a guyfriend's sis who had same problem, heard that it's really painful and frustrating. Hers the MC must stay in bed for few days, sometimes it gets so bad they have to send her to hospital... docs medication supposedly not helping very much (very heavy flow, almost akin to having labour pains monthly).

Other than the usual Primrose... there are some exercises online you can search (I found it a long time ago for her but lost the info.)... but bear in mind it may be limited efficacy since it's the hormones sending too strong signals to the body... the exercises are only some yoga-like positions to relieve discomfort abit.

Comment

Re: Remedy for THE cramp?

Originally posted by autumnheart
      my sis always have this very very cramp every month during the *ahem*.
      it gives her stomach spasm, backache, sore waist and not only she's down with MC at home, she need medication.

last night, she was suffering and broke into tears.

anyone has some remedy?

i'm one of those with no problem when it comes to this, so i'm at a loss...
      Pls advise her to consult a doc or a gynae.... sounds like something to warrant medical care.

Hope she feels better soon....

Comment

Second Joce's advise. If it's really that bad...better see a gynea.

Comment

i think she has gone to see a gynae before and there's nothing wrong.
          (not like some of my friends who have cyst or "upflow" of the blood etc)

she has quite a healthy lifestyle, more healthy than me.
          she goes kick-boxing, gym, strolling etc...

Comment

what about trying massage? Of course, not during the time of the month.

i do get some discomfort before my period and on the first day. Symptoms vary from backache, headache, cramps. 2 months back when I was in Bangkok, i went for 2-hr thai massage on alternate days. Surprise, surprise....there were no signs of cramps or backache at my next cycle.

I'm not sure if it's really because of the massage. I've yet to try it again back in s'pore......besides not having the time to go for it. Doing it every week would break my bank account!

Comment

I second the Evening Primrose Oil(EPO), it helps to regulate female hormones. So it might help in some ways, but it takes a while to work. I took it before, but it made me break out!

Comment

Whenever i've cramps or even before i know "its" coming, i will take capsules (mefenic acid) given by the doc.. its a painkiller & no side effects if only taken for the 1st few days.. It can help to stop the pain.. perhaps can go c a doc & ask for it.. Hope this will help your sis..

Comment

NAPROGESIC!!!!

it's a medication specially formulated for menstrual cramps and works by lowering the level of some hormone or other that causes the cramping. easily available in chemists in australia. i totally swear by it.

and i used to take copius amounts of panadeine and ponstan and neither worked! until napro.....

Comment

Agree with Joce and Keiko. Better to see a gynae just to be safe. Evening Primrose works well for me previously. But I put on weight easily when I take this.

Keiko, u might be right. Massage works well for me as well. I go for one before my period each mth and it seems to relieve my pain.

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
                      Massage works well for me as well. I go for one before my period each mth and it seems to relieve my pain.
                      Where do you normally go massage?

Comment

Originally posted by Summer27
                        Where do you normally go massage?
                        Normally Institute of Clarins when I go for my facials. I used to go Amrita Spa, then occasionally Asian Spa At Fullerton or St Gregory. Not really fixed but these days its normally Institute of Clarins...

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
                          Normally Institute of Clarins when I go for my facials. I used to go Amrita Spa, then occasionally Asian Spa At Fullerton or St Gregory. Not really fixed but these days its normally Institute of Clarins...
                          Meaning you go massage every month?? Wow!! Isn't it expensive??

Comment

my sis says she took primrose for a month or so but it doesn't help.
                            maybe need longer period of consumption?

when i was in bangkok lat month, i went for a thai massage.

it's only $25 for an hour and she really cracked every single bit of my bones!!
                            totally relaxed

the best thing is, there's no oil, i don't need to strip and it was at a little sudanese hut at the corner of the hotel
                            (think birds chirping, leaves rustling in the wind)

Comment

Originally posted by Summer27
                              Meaning you go massage every month?? Wow!! Isn't it expensive??
                              I got a package so it is slightly cheaper...$90? Can't remember. Yeap expensive but its I need to relax and calm my souls with the hectic schedules. So I am willing to spend.....

Comment

Working...
                              X