Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big bruise

aaaagghh!

i have a big purple bruise on my leg thanks to my heroic act of trying to save a chair from falling to the ground. it fell onto my leg. ok, i was trying not to get my brother's friend to turn around when he hears the big THUD because i was wrapped in a big pink towel. paiseh, paiseh (embarrassing).

my mom says all i can do is rub/massage it. another guy friend says i could try using a hard boiled egg over it (??!!).

any thoughts? what do you do when you get a big bruise? thanks

I usually rub it to disperse the blood, but then you would end up with a reddish bruise which will gradually turn brown and disappear in about a week.

Comment

I bruise really easily! Just jab me a bit and the bruise will come up! I usually just let it heal by itself....although my mum always wants me to rub it. Just that when I rub it, it will get even bigger and look even worst...but recovery time is faster. I rather have the bruise smaller though heheh so I rather not rub.

Comment

Re: big bruise

Originally posted by claypot
        my mom says all i can do is rub/massage it. another guy friend says i could try using a hard boiled egg over it (??!!).
        Hard boiled egg essentially a "heat-generating massager", consistently warm, retains heat for enough time to dissipate blood clot.
        Some people say, after that, can't eat... but not true. The dark layer that's formed on the egg yolk when you peel is cos it was not cooled IMMEDIATELY after cooking.

Comment

eh gal you're in australia right?

get HIRUDOID
          available in any pharmacy. works wonders for my bruises

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
            eh gal you're in australia right?

get HIRUDOID
            available in any pharmacy. works wonders for my bruises
            yeah i've heard recs for these .. it sounds terrible. like some sort of haemmorrhoid cream ... *shudder* maybe i'll take a look after all

Comment

Re: big bruise

aaaagghh!

i have a big purple bruise on my leg thanks to my heroic act of trying to save a chair from falling to the ground. it fell onto my leg. ok, i was trying not to get my brother's friend to turn around when he hears the big THUD because i was wrapped in a big pink towel. paiseh, paiseh (embarrassing).

any thoughts? what do you do when you get a big bruise? thanks
              some say rub it non stop, some say put ice pack.. i usually just leave it alone ... take care!

Comment

yeah i've heard recs for these .. it sounds terrible. like some sort of haemmorrhoid cream ... *shudder* maybe i'll take a look after all
                yeah...awful name. but it works! bruises go down after a few days instead of weeks for me.

and i used to bruise horribly in Oz cos me and my friends would 'play wrestle'
                heh.

Comment

Rub hard - the kind that'll bring tears to your eyes. Have to disperse the blood clot or it'll heal slowly.

Comment

Oh dear, poor thing!

When I get bruises, I just leave them alone, because somehow the bruises worsens the redness and prolongs it for me

Comment

Originally posted by blush
                      Rub hard - the kind that'll bring tears to your eyes. Have to disperse the blood clot or it'll heal slowly.
                      agree with blush you have to rub it to disperse the blood clot if not it'll take forever to heal....take care!

Comment

someone on vogue.com.au told me to leave it, and make up a dramatic story explaining how i got it. like what? my mind is stuck on "i was trying to save a cat" ...

Comment

Yes, Hirudoid works! I fell into a drain once and had bruises all over my legs... the doc prescribed hirudoid and the bruises went away after 1-2 days!

Having said that, I have the tendency to rub my bruises... itchy hands!

Comment

Originally posted by mints
                            Yes, Hirudoid works! I fell into a drain once and had bruises all over my legs... the doc prescribed hirudoid and the bruises went away after 1-2 days!

Having said that, I have the tendency to rub my bruises... itchy hands!
                            mints your avatar so cute!

So in sg, is this Hirudoid available by prescription only or can buy off the shelves?

Comment

Originally posted by KellyC
                              So in sg, is this Hirudoid available by prescription only or can buy off the shelves?
                              i *think* it is OTC. it's definitely OTC in Australia....trying to remember which pharmacy i saw it in here in SG....

Comment

Working...
                              X