Acupuncture for slimming / Bust enlargement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acupuncture for slimming / Bust enlargement

Hi all, as above.. anyone tried b4? I heard that Ma Kuang has accupuncture slimming for targeted areas.. not sure if it's effective
    Last edited by nicole; 04-08-2003, 03:42 PM.

I went to Ma Guang few months ago when my weight suddenly increased by 10kg, sad to say it was a waste of my money. I went more than 10 times (twice weekly), but lost zero kg despite that I had followed the physician's instructions to me...... more yong tau fu, no supper, no fried food, more vegetables and fruits.....

I decided to give up when I overheard a guy who was also there for accupuncture telling the physician he lost only 1kg after visiting her continuosly for 3 months. The physician told him to very strict to his daily diet, so that obvious result will be seen. I think we can easily lose down that few kg without going to Ma Guang, if we have the determination to be on diet. IMO

Comment

ehhh...I beg to differ.

I went to Ma Guang early this year and managed to lost 7kg (after 10 sessions) without any exercise.

My colleague all see the difference as the inch loss was quite obvious. But I did not continue 'coz not enough $$ and plus the branch that I went to is too far away. I went to Tampines branch and the Chinese physician is Dr ??? Xiao Juan...

Comment

Wow!!! 7kg after 10 sessions is alot! Hey, how do you make it to lose so much? I went to the one at Tampines too, my physician told me her most of the ladies can lose up to the maximum of 4kg only, yours is almost double.

How many inches did you lose on your waist? My big fat waist is my main problem.

Comment

I think acupuncture's good for helping to get rid of dark rings.

Comment

no...her patient can usually lost at least 4kg.

I am very overwt and that's why the progress of losing is quite substantial.

I lost about 2 to 3 dress sizes. but my arms still very flabby becos she did not really acupuncture on my arms unless I asked her to.

You need to listen to her instructions. eg she will ask you to press a particular thigh point regularly. I tried to do that whenever my hands are free.

Comment

I went before too but wasn't Ma Guang. Some chinese clinic in Bukit Merah. The physicians are from China. I didn't see very obvious results, but I don't really think it's their fault. Coz my health has been turned upside down due to late nights, and I also suffer from difficult bowel movements. These several factors plus that I don't drink enough water all contribute to my not being able to lose weight.

Think you should be able to see results if your health is quite ok to begin with. Maybe can also combine accupuncture and herbs. Some people may also take more than 10 sessions to see results.

Anyone tried Amin before? The one that's on TV ad with a really overweight China boy. Also saw on papers recently that they sponsored a local Malay woman to China for her accupuncture.

Comment

Originally posted by ayura
                I...... more yong tau fu, no supper, no fried food, more vegetables and fruits.....

Sorry, don't mean to be snide, but with the above diet, one would lose weight at any rate.

After my divorce, I lost 15 kg. Not for vanity reasons but I was treated for clinical depression.

I did not have a solid meal for 2 months and my psychiatrist made me drink milk and fybogel daily. Notice the almost total absence of carbohydrates from the diet.

I've seen this Dr Atkin's high protein high fat low carbohydrate diet working wonders in many cases.

Good Luck

The WOrld according to Psycho

Comment

You are right, Uncle_Psycho. This is why I decided to stop going for my accupuncture sessions.

For my case, I'll eat more when I'm depressed. I'm a hopeless greedy pig!
                  Last edited by nicole; 05-08-2003, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Hi Ayura,

Sorry to be naggy, but you just have to get into a regime. The Chinese believes once you lose weight, the stomach shrinks. I'm not sure if its true or not, but I can vouch that these days, even a satchet of Jacob's is enough to fill me. Plus I am psycho enough to be in the gym everyday.

Its tough at first, but once you get into the swing of things, it becomes your daily routine and you feel so lethargic missing a gym session.

The World according to Psycho

Comment

Do you know anyone personally who followed the Dr.Atkins diet programs? Im not too sure, but I know there are a few books to purchase, do they actually have those pills n stuff too?

By the way, u guys, mind telling how much the acupunture thingy costs?
                      Last edited by nicole; 05-08-2003, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moondust
                        Do you know anyone personally who followed the Dr.Atkins diet programs? Im not too sure, but I know there are a few books to purchase, do they actually have those pills n stuff too?

By the way, u guys, mind telling how much the acupunture thingy costs?

Yes, I used to date someone who followed Dr Atkins religiously. No pills that I remembered, just strictly eating accordingly to whats in the book.

She lost about 10 kg.

I left her coz she became too small for me.

The World according to Psycho

Comment

Dr Atkin passed away recently. I think it was resulted from a fall near his office. His diet is very very extreme and some people suffer kidney failure due to it. It is not for everyone.

Comment

Yep, I've also heard the Atkins diet is not really healthy for all people. I think some Hollywood stars are on this too, but have no idea who.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle_Psycho
                              The Chinese believes once you lose weight, the stomach shrinks. I'm not sure if its true or not, but I can vouch that these days, even a satchet of Jacob's is enough to fill me.
                              Agree very much! These days, I will always have a heavy breakfast, followed by a cup of cereal for lunch and can last all the way till dinner. Of coz, dinner must not be heavy too. I don't feel hungry with such a diet and it seems my appetite has become smaller too.

Comment

Working...
                              X