Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did You Buy Today?

What life-ly items did you buy today?

i bought a chinese medicine that is supposed to purge body toxins.

Comment

bought the "Centrum".. which is supposed to be full of vitamins....!!!! thinking that I should start taking them though..since I'm a junk-food freak...

Comment

I bought a Yoga Mat. Learning Yoga now.
        Good exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
          I bought a Yoga Mat. Learning Yoga now.
          Good exercise.
          Good for you... fellow Yogi :wave:

Comment

Will inform u all again after my 12 Yoga lession.

Comment

shon. where did you get your mat from? interested in getting one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
                Will inform u all again after my 12 Yoga lession.
                don't worry..i think you'll enjoy yoga.... goign to finish my last yoga session tomorrow!!!!! *grinz*...

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                  shon. where did you get your mat from? interested in getting one as well.
                  I get it from a sport shop in Marina Square. It is not too expensive, about S$31.20. However, I find the quality is not that good because after I finished my Yoga lesson yesterday, I saw the mat was discoloured in the part that I put on my foot. I think the coating is not good. I'm not really happy with it. I just wonder should I go back to the shop and complained about it. :piss: Moreover, the mat will sink where the areas you sit and stand. Luckily, the sinking disappeared after a while.

I asked my classmate, she told me that her husband bought her one in Turf club, Bukit Timah. Maybe you can go there and have a look. Or else you can get the mat from those fitness centre but I guess it will be quite expensive. A friend told me Amore sells the mat for S$50+. The whole Yoga Set costs S$100+.

Edited By Dolphin
                  Last edited by dolphin; 10-09-2003, 12:50 PM.

Comment

i bought a crescent moon yoga set at $129 with mat, carrying bag, water bottle, blocks and belt at Tannlines, paragon

i also bought a block of yoga from Shambala at $124 and a pair of cheap but good black yoga pants from John Little for $19.90

Comment

good buys BB! lovely stuff there.

Comment

thanks for the review Shon. a wonderful here has ordered a yoga mat for me though. but nevertheless, i do appreciate the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                          thanks for the review Shon. a wonderful here has ordered a yoga mat for me though. but nevertheless, i do appreciate the reply.
                          Sure, you are welcome. Yes, I had checked the Nike shops in Singapore. They don't sell the Yoga/Pilates Mats in the shop. Last 2 weeks, I went to KL. I saw the Nike shop in Mid Valley, KL selling the Yoga/Pilates Mat. Got more choices: one is normal Yoga / Pilates Mat (RM119) ; the other one is Cotton Yoga /Pilates Mat (RM169), can be washed easily. I like the RM119 one but I had bought mine in Marina Square. The Nike one is better in Quality and the colour is nice too (Sky blue).

If I have had not bought mine one, I am sure will get the Nike one in KL. :piss:
                          Last edited by babyflite; 26-09-2003, 02:21 PM.

Comment

In an attempt for a healthier lifestyle, I bought myself a smoothie blender today! I tend to skip breakfast coz I just can't bring myself to eat when I wake up. Figured a fruity smoothie (with some protein powder maybe?) will be a good replacement to help me start off my day. Got myself a nice chrome finish one with a tap dispenser. I'm such a sucker for packaging!

Comment

the Nike shops in Singapore do sell yoga/pilates mats - i just saw the sky blue ones at B.I.R.D by Nike at Suntec and Shaw Centre at orchard, it's S$40+

there's another smaller black one i saw at world of sports inside seiyu bugis, at $39+ i think...however, it was sold out one week after i spotted it

however, my friend who does higher level yoga advises against them as the grip is not good, lotsa people apparently slip on them during yoga...i've also read similar reviews on the internet

if you want a proper yoga mat, i think you should get one from shambala or crescent moon at tannlines, paragon; the latter is a line devoted to yoga gear

Comment

Working...
                              X