Premenstrual stress syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premenstrual stress syndrome

What kind of sydrome will you encounter?

moody, feel blue? stress? like to eat sweet food, tidbits?
    starts shopping spree? can't take slightest crictism?
    abdomen cramp? severe back ache? pimlpes? migraine?
    bloated? barks at subordinates, hubby?

some months you feel unbearable, some months you don't
    feel it at all....

Wonder how all the beauties here cope?

For me it is bloated and also no appetite. So when that happens I know mine is coming.

Though now mine is here for the 1st day and *groan* In pain... sigh...

Comment

I used to suffer from horrid mood swings 3-4 days before it comes and terrible cramps on the first day- urgh! Then I got sick of having to feel this way every month and that its really wasting my time, so I told myself that its all a state of mind, I will not allow my life to be affected by something so silly. (Gosh, imagine having to feeling horrible few days every month for the next 30 years!)

Nowadays when I get PMS (I still do), I keep myself busy and distracted. You'll be amazed how much lesser they bother you when you don't give them the attention you usually do. I allow myself to indulge in the food I have cravings for before it comes, or I tend to eat lesser on the first 2 days. Apart from that, PMS don't play an important role in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
        Then I got sick of having to feel this way every month and that its really wasting my time, so I told myself that its all a state of mind, I will not allow my life to be affected by something so silly.
        Chris, I see NLP doing you a lot of good.

I feel bloated and flare up quite easily. Also, I'll have migraine a day or two before 'THE DAY'. Pimples are the aftermath :puke:

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
          Chris, I see NLP doing you a lot of good.

I feel bloated and flare up quite easily. Also, I'll have migraine a day or two before 'THE DAY'. Pimples are the aftermath :puke:
          NLP is great, reinforces and remind me of the values and beliefs I already hold close to my heart.

I used to flare up on PMS days at the drop of a hat until I decided one day around a year ago that I'm gonna be the one in charge instead.

Comment

i ge incredible food cravings a whole week before TOM (time of the month) arrives. chocs, ice-cream, chips... you name it!

horrible cramps for the first 2 days. i get irritable and moody. and my back gets all cramped up as well. i tend to issue an advance warning to my bf. he's so understanding though.

and major bloating! don't get me started on this. :piss:

mango, i'm in awe. NLP

i used to take panadol menstrual to ease the pain but i've since held it off since i hate to rely on medication.

a hot water bottle does help alleviate the cramps. during horrid times like these, i like to curl up in bed, play some soothing music and relax my mind and body. and then fall asleep.

Comment

Hello, I am new here. But I can share my experiences to you here about the PMS syndrone.

I remembered that I had very terrible stomach pain and back pain in my teenager time. I can't eat and sleep well even for the 1st & 2nd day. I still had to ask my elder sister massaging my back and waist & used hot towel to release my pain. Very terrible

However, after coming to Singapore, no one helped me to massage during the PMS, I had to massage myself Even want to call home and tell my sis I want to cry -- very painful. sob sob

I got no choice to c doctor at that time of every month. The doctor told me that I can try on Evening Primose Oil. It helps to reduce the pain and balance up the hormone also. Then, I went to Guardian and bought "Natural Sunshine" Evening Primose Oil with VIt E, costs abt S$40 for 90 softgels per bottle. What you have to do is take 1 softegel 2 times daily. I found that it is really working. After taking for 3 months, my PMS syndrones are not that terrible, but still some pains in the beginning of the PMS on the 1st day. After that, as normal. I don't feel tired and sleepy also even on the 1st day. However, "Natural Sunshine" changed the packaging and name to "Green Life". It is more expensive (S$40+ for 60 softgels per bottle) and less Evening Primose Oil and Vit E per softgel. Then, you have take 2 or 3 times per day. I think it is too expensive coz you have to spend S$90 per month. :sotong: Then, I stopped taking evening primose oil.

Last Nov, my mum asked to me to try on "DOM" coz my mum said I look pale. For the 1st 3 months, nothing special. After 3 months, my friends told me that ur face looks very health, got pinky cheeks and lips. When the period comes, I don't feel as painful as last time. Til now, I have a habit: drink a small amount of DOM before sleeping. And I seldom see doctor now and seldom got sick and flu. hehe Why not u try on too?

(Looks like I am advertising DOM. Pah sei)

Comment

i break out a week before my period comes and bloat up too on the first and maybe second days i get cramps and sometimes gastric.. and backache on rare ocassions..

i do get rather emotional before i get my period.. lots of crying

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
                  i break out a week before my period comes and bloat up too on the first and maybe second days i get cramps and sometimes gastric.. and backache on rare ocassions..

i do get rather emotional before i get my period.. lots of crying
                  I saw some health articles said that women have to be careful on the diet the week before and the week of period comes. Cramps are mainly coz by lacking of Magnesium and Zinc. So you have eat more vegetables and fruits or maybe Yoghurt helps also.Don't drink cold beverages or take cold food (e.g. salads, watermelon, green tea esp) even u think u are very strong. Don't eat too many meat also coz it will influece the absortion of Mg & Zn.

Try to wear long skirt or pant to cover ur legs, so that to keep ur body warm. Exercise more will even be good coz ur blood circulation will be better and then the pain will be reduced during period. If you still feel very cold, u can try to drink Ginger Tea or Ginger soup (boiled with raw sugar + ginger). It will make ur body feel warm.

Comment

Shon, tell me more about DOM...Been wanting to try this for the longest time but I am afraid it would be too heaty

I have very bad PMS every month. Not so much on mood swings but the bloating, acne (without fail) and what have you. To make matter worse, I am always most stressed out during that period at work. So I am hoping DOM would help.

Comment

I share the same symptoms as Mich and Meow (M&M? ).

Terrible bloating that makes me feel fat and mood swings. Poor DH always have to bear the brunt of it.

I've taken DOM before. Doesn't seem to help with cramps for me. But it does give me the extra boost of energy and immunity when the going gets tough at work.

Comment

My PMS yuck yucks changes every cylcle. It's either or - tender breasts, bloatedness, pimples, cramps, diarhea, impatience & general bad mood.

Hate everything. :sotong:

Comment

the usual for me. cramps for first 2 days, pimples and moodswings. i've got a giant pimple on my chin at the moment, i swear it's probably the biggest pimple i've ever gotten. yikes!

and last nite my poor bf had to suffer coz i got upset just over some little comment that he made.

Comment

Originally posted by babyflite
                            and last nite my poor bf had to suffer coz i got upset just over some little comment that he made.
                            same here! last night DH had to suffer to coz i was so edgy over every remark he made. poor things!

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
                              same here! last night DH had to suffer to coz i was so edgy over every remark he made. poor things!
                              Our poor SOs...Sometimes I feel really bad for my SO too for snapping at him at every opportunity I can find Thank god that we have understanding SOs...

Comment

Working...
                              X