Adult Ballet / Ballet anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult Ballet / Ballet anyone?

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has taken adult ballet classes and has any advice or experiences to share. I am most probably signing up with Singapore Dance Theatre's beginners adult ballet course. It's for those with no prior ballet experience. A bit apprehensive though...wondering if I will look strange in leotards and tights! Have always loved ballet but didn't get a chance to take it when I was a kid 'cos parents didn't sign me up for classes. *heh*

adult ballet? heh tts interesting
    i took ballet classes ever since i was 4 yrs old. took balelt for 13 yrs. exams was with royal academy of dancing
    yamaha used to offer adult ballet classes (do they still do?)
    any idea which balet teacher will you be under?

Comment

Adult ballet??!! Wow it's like a dream come true! I always wanted to do ballet but my parents pushed me into taking piano instead! :piss: So i can only admire girls in leotards and tutus from afar and dream of myself prancing around like an elephant.

Hmm, ballet for adult sounds really interesting there...

Comment

i'm interested in taking up ballet class too! my parents do not allowed me to learn when i was young too when is the next commencement date?

Comment

the beginners' class (for those with no prior experience) for SDT's adult ballet class is closed...wanted to sign up but guess gotta wait for the next round. any other organisations offering this? on weekends, i cna't do it on weekdays

Comment

i wish i could too!!!! i actually had classes when i was young....after taking an exam, i quit. cos....i couldnt stand my teacher...shes howed too much favourtism....plus it used to freak me out when she made a few of us dance individually to the whole class to watch...yikes. but i remember we had one boy in our class...hehe. and the splits and all hurt really bad, ok, in the start. and the other stretching exercises too...its really painful if ya not used to it... guess it'll be harder when ya older cos youre less flexible.. but i wish i could do splits again.sigh.....heard that some CCs offer adult ballet.... if anyone gets a class, LMK!!! i wanna join!! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ChinoGirl
              adult ballet? heh tts interesting
              i took ballet classes ever since i was 4 yrs old. took balelt for 13 yrs. exams was with royal academy of dancing
              yamaha used to offer adult ballet classes (do they still do?)
              any idea which balet teacher will you be under?
              hey chino i started mine when i was 4 too - i did 8 years. who was your teacher? i must go dig out my cert, it's been too long

Comment

i learnt with Yamaha i also quit coz my teacher was sooo biased. plus i felt really inferior coz i used to be very skinny and having mirrors on three out of four walls doesn't help. so i quit stupid huh.

i do very much wanna learn again! it makes me feel like i'm flying -- a taste at freedom hope you enjoy it pinkblush!

Comment

mine was a private school, mrs something, can't remember...it was at her house, she had a huge house/studio.
                  i think she was russian, definitely european....ran her classes like a communist actually. scared the hell out of my classmates and i!

Comment

Originally posted by blushed2003
                    hey chino i started mine when i was 4 too - i did 8 years. who was your teacher? i must go dig out my cert, it's been too long
                    i was with Miss June Lee aka Mrs Macpherson.
                    we still keep in contact now and then when i happen to drop by yamaha at marine parade

Comment

has she been teaching at Yamaha all these years?? coz i think i vaguely remember a Ms June Lee during my time!

Comment

Originally posted by islande
                        has she been teaching at Yamaha all these years?? coz i think i vaguely remember a Ms June Lee during my time!
                        keke.yeh she has been there al these years. 2 of my ballet mates are already ballet teachers themsevles. one of them is teaching alongside with Miss Lee at yamaha.

Comment

sigh if only i carried on ...maybe i'll be teaching ballet now. then again maybe not, too fat...can only do the elephant dance

Comment

islande- miss june lee???? that sounds so familiar...in fact, it sounds like MY ballet teacher!!! eeks...not sure if she really is.

i was from yamaha too. and it was sucky fitting in the leotard. i much prefer the ballet shoes..hehe

Comment

I took ballet too...I love it! Heh, for awhile, I even wanted to be a ballerina..uh, yeah, dream of all the little girls in the world.

I quit at 15 tho' cos was too busy with school. I wanted to go back but all the girls in the class I would be with (Grade7) are sooooo young these days..make me feel like a giant elephant. Plus, i don't think i should do the exams anymore..

I think Y has classes for Adult Ballet.

Anyone who's been in ballet before who want to go back too?? Chino??

Comment

Working...
                              X