Personal Trainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Trainer

Does anyone here hav expierence working with a personal trainer before?

Was thinking of joining a fitness club but fearful of exploring with the machines. Besides, I'm recovering from a knee op so would prefer to hav some instructional help. Need help in long term weight loss too.

hi dear,

yes i signed up for one and i found it very helpful. Im not very motivated when it comes to exercise and she helped me alot. I continued with her for 6 months until i left the country. Most people tend to take 4 lessons and then they will stop and just have review session like once every 2 months or so.

I did mostly weights with her. The difference is that she can point out the small touches in how you need to use the machines. When i pointed out to by bf what he was doing wrong , for example, his back has to be 90 degree.. he was shock by how much more difficult the exercise becomes.

Comment

snowstar, which fitness club did u go to and what is the cost like?

Comment

sorry i didn't see the post earlier. my trainer was in San Fran, USA =( I bought a package from her and i think it was about $60 usd for an hour. not too sure about that.. maybe a bit more.

for now, i'm at the american club IF i can get myself to go down there. all the trainers are guyz.. no offence to the men out there.. but i prefer a lady!

hth

Comment

there are actually 2 female instructors at the club! I suggest you call the centers that are convenient for you and ask if they have a female trainer!!

Comment

Hey girls, anyone of you have any experience with personal trainers in the fitness clubs in Singapore?
            Share with us like how effective it is, the trainer's name? the cost for hiring him/her etc.
            :roll:

Comment

i saw someone working out with a personal trainer at Amore. VERY GOOD! she came up with a personal plan for the girl and i think the plan changes each session for some variation and to work out new parts. it seemed really really helpful. plus amore is all girls

Comment

Anymore recommendations on personal trainers?

Comment

Hi mango, sometime ago I checked out this thread and called amore after reading ataraxia's post. I think they are not bad and will be going to them. Price wise I can't remember but its something I find reasonable. I would prefer a personal trainer who will guide me rather than doing all the wrong things on my own. Furthermore, I live near an amore outlet so thats extra incentive.

I don't know any personal trainer but I'm not too fussy so I am game to go to amore and see who they have.

Comment

One of my gf signed up with california fitness at Raffles Place. 36 sessions at $70/hr. She says trainer is good...she did change a couple of trainers there til she settled for the 3rd and final one.
                    without a package, the rate is more ex.

Comment

the bf goes to Cali and he lovessss it. might want to try that one.

Comment

I had a personal trainer with California Fitness Orchard branch. I signed up for 36 sessions at $65 per session. My friend paid $90 or $99 each for 12 sessions.

Personal trainer is good for forcing you to go to the gym when you are just starting out, so you get used to the routine of going to the gym regularly. He also teaches you the correct way of using the machines, and the most effective/best way of having it work to your body.

Every session is slightly different, so different parts of the body is being worked on all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercloud
                          I had a personal trainer with California Fitness Orchard branch. I signed up for 36 sessions at $65 per session. My friend paid $90 or $99 each for 12 sessions.
                          Apart from the charges you mentioned that pays for the trainer, do you need to pay additional for gym/facilities usage or membership fees? Or does this amount already includes all charges/fees?

Who is your trainer?

Anyone has a good female personal trainer to recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                            Apart from the charges you mentioned that pays for the trainer, do you need to pay additional for gym/facilities usage or membership fees? Or does this amount already includes all charges/fees?

Who is your trainer?

Anyone has a good female personal trainer to recommend?
                            The $65/session is solely for personal training. I have to pay the monthly membership fee which allows you to use the gym or attend the classes. There is also a one-time enrollment fee for California Fitness.

I had Iskander for PT. He is a pretty fun guy. I see a few female trainers in California Fitness now.

Comment

I see, its alot clearer now. Thanks silvercloud!

Comment

Working...
                              X