Swimming Swim!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimming Swim!

Hi girls, anyone can recommend pools to go to.. I hope this isn't a silly qn. I don't stay in a condo, and it always irks me that swimming complexes are so out of the way where I stay (in the east/aljunied to be exact)

Any clubs that have pools, or any public pools you girls head for? I know once again it's silly but I had a bad intimidating experience in public pools (-ok Bedok swimming complex, don't really wanna elaborate, fill in the mental blanks), always stuck to my parents' club but that membership is running out. I can't keep stealing into condos either

Also do share your swimming workouts! I'm really want to get in shape again and my overused knee can't take high impact running

i usually end up in the following public pools - mountbatten (though there are weird characters there, but i just swim and get out so its no problem), bedok, toa payoh (gets really crowded!) and yio chu kang (water's very chlorinated). which pool i go to really depends on my mode of transport, but its really troublesome to get to any one of them (unless i drive )

otherwise, how about safra? getting a membership there? but the places where they have pools are rather limited, off the top of my head i can only remember tampines and tanah merah.

in the past, i used to sneak into temasek poly and swim there. fantastic pool that's 4m deep at one end and its really really clean and not crowded! too bad there's nobody to sneak me in nowadays but how about pools at NUS or nearby polytechinics?

i just swim laps. breast stroke cause that's the only way i can do how many laps really depends on how much time i have.. but i get bored after 25+ so i'll probably stop there

Comment

thanks dear! Yes it's really troublesome and i don't get the car often GRR I used to swim at the NTU pool but I'm out of school for awhile so it gets irritating to travel westwards. I'm traumatised by that public pool incident. And yes, mountbatten is a hotspot of weird characters

I tried safra! (which I wld love to join since there's rock climbing, and other courses etc) But looking at the website, I can't join membership cos it's only open to NSF(etc), unless i'm a "dependant"- which well since I'm not married yet, and dad will certainly not join just to get his daughter a pool, so it's completely closed off to me? Correct me if I'm wrong here

Comment

i'm not very sure about safra though! too out of the way for me but membership fees are quite affordable? its $96 for 2 years for former SAF NSmen and half the price for dependents

Comment

I love swimming much to the dismay of my beautician who believes ladies should be fair (read: pale).

Anyway, I used to swim in Serangoon. The pools literally shorter but less pple.

I used to swim in my parent's condo. But the pool is circular. It irritates the hell out of me on how to "measure" how much I swum. Plus during the weekends, the kids rule the pool. So I have place the condo in my virtual "black list".

I am the slowest swimmer - ever. Taking my own sweet time to do laps (breast stroke). My hubbie can complete 2 laps and I'm just finishing my 1st lap. I usually do ard 20 laps each time. Have stopped due to my wedding.

Think it's about time I get back into the momentum again!

Comment

Which pool at serangoon stressed?

Comment

i swim at the pool at jurong east and in ntu....

Jurong East.. think the schedule for kids swimming sessions are on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and also weekends. I guess that applies to most of the pools.

So I guess Tuesdays and Thursdays are better days for less crowded pools.... Else it's quite irritating that you always have to bypass/stop for the oncoming kids from the sides... and the pool water on those days feels more dirty...

NTU, quite a good place to swim, think the water quite clean. There're choices between wooden and plastic chairs for a good suntan..

Comment

Originally posted by lolitapop
                Which pool at serangoon stressed?
                The one next to the Sports Complex and is also a stone's throw away from Serangoon central. Map
                Last edited by stressed; 23-03-2004, 10:38 AM.

Comment

here's the map of singapore, with all the swimming complex (under SSC) on it.. just click and see the location and details.

http://www.ssc.gov.sg/SportsWeb/sw_c...oot=31&cat=180

Comment

I found a relatively new swimming pool at jalan besar(behind jalan besar CC,near lavender MRT).Its deserted before 5pm.

I used to swim there when it opened early last year, pretty peaceful as compared to yio chu kang and serangoon. Hougang swimming pool is my second choice but I am quite wary of those "aspiring" school kids who disturbs the tranquility of the waters.

Comment

I just got myself a new suit today and ready to go swimming!
                      It's been like 3 years (??? ) since I've done any serious swimming (as in not the laze around Sentosa or pool and play water). Used to swim 3x a week during upper sec cos' had a back injury thing that doctor recommended swimming. I got so lazy in JC and now in uni, its worst! Everyday come home, eat and watch tv only. 3 years! I can't even find my suit anymore. Hope that buying a new one will encourage me to start keeping fit by swimming!

Is the NUS pool very crowded? It always looks busy when I pass by, what with the canoe polo team and all, rowing etc in the pool.

Btw, the Buona Vista pool was always quite private and empty. At least, back then.

Comment

Re: swimming!

Originally posted by lolitapop
                        Hi girls, anyone can recommend pools to go to.. I hope this isn't a silly qn. I don't stay in a condo, and it always irks me that swimming complexes are so out of the way where I stay (in the east/aljunied to be exact)

Any clubs that have pools, or any public pools you girls head for? I know once again it's silly but I had a bad intimidating experience in public pools (-ok Bedok swimming complex, don't really wanna elaborate, fill in the mental blanks), always stuck to my parents' club but that membership is running out. I can't keep stealing into condos either

Also do share your swimming workouts! I'm really want to get in shape again and my overused knee can't take high impact running
                        k, this sounds eerily like me! my knee can't take running either -- knee injury, i stay in the east but no condos, i had someone flash me in a public pool when i was young so i hate public pools, and i dunno where else to swim! very similar, Lolita.

Comment

erm a little bit off topic here.. anyone knows how to teach swimming here?

Comment

Ocean, try community centre?
                            I know of friends who are swimming coaches but dun know if they teach older students.

Comment

Your Swim suit

hi, a bit off topic,
                              may I know what type of swim-suit do you wear ?
                              (eg. One piece, bikini, er.. those spag tops & undies type etc...)

I'm also hoping to start swimming and in need of a swim suit. But with my lousy figure (terrible bottom with cellulite, flat chest), I need to find a swim-suit that will not emphase them before I could become fit.... arrrhhhggg.... HELP !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X