Bloatedness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloatedness

Recently, I've become so bloated I can't wear my pants! They weren't just tight (those were the jeans), but I physically couldn't wear them. I couldn't even button them up without the buttons popping and didn't even bother to try zipping them up. The whole experience was horrific.

My tummy's been distended and colicky for the past fortnight. Lots of gas, resulting in me burping non-stop after meals, especially at night. It's really really really uncomfortable.

Does anyone know what causes bloatedness? And how I can cure it?

I've been applying that Chinese stomachache oil for babies (smells of peppermint and menthol?) and it's helped slightly.

I'm really desperate. This is so annoying! And I'm always feeling tired and not sleeping well.

Some girls have suggested Yakult, digestive pills, lots of fruits and water, as well as drinking ginger. Any other recommendations? Would be especially interested in finding out why this happens!

TIA!!

Hi ataraxia

I was wondering if you might have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), which is quite a common problem. It sounds like you've been quite stressed, which can make it worse. Do you have any food intolerances, as they can trigger it too.

Have a look at this link here to see what it is all about.

Are you able to get hold of some Aloe Vera juice? I know some people swear by it and say that it is very good for the digestive system.

Hope that helps, and hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Oh, and I just remembered something!

My friend is a nutrionist, and I remembered her saying that Yakult has too much sugar in it and doesn't really do the job that it's supposed to. As a replacement, I think you may be able to get probiotic capsuals at the chemist/ healthfood shops.

Phew...that's it for today!

Comment

I once studied a module on TCM...

Camomile and peppermint tea are suppose to be able to help to relieve problems associated with the digestive sys...

I have this problem too once in awhile...until i get kinda immuned to it already so sometimes i just dun bother...

I am trying Apple Cider Vinegar every morning now and it does help too...

Maybe you can try taking it every morn

Mix 1 tablesppon of honey with 1 tablespoon of ACV in a cup of warm water.. Drink it every morning.

HTH

Comment

I get the bloated feeling too! Always feel like a pregnant woman whenever this happens.

Here's some tips which I find quite useful to fight the Bloat Monster! Hope they help you too!

1) Avoid salt / sodium-laden food as sodium causes water retention.

2) Avoid dairy products. Milk products are slightly more difficult to digest, which may in turn cause the bloated feeling.

3) Try ginger tea. I swear by Super Instant Ginger Tea (just add hot water!). A cup of that in the morning and by mid-day, the bloated feeling is gone!

If you are not able to get that, you can make your own ginger tea. Simply add hot water to freshly sliced ginger and sweeten with sugar or honey if desired.

HTH!

Comment

Xue,
            Since you are in UK, you might have easy access (well, compared to Singapore anyway) to Ayurvedic therapists or stores.
            They might balance you up. Wind in tummy sounds like vata (air) imbalance. Or could be your new diet has taken it's toil?

I stopped my Ayurvedic purges and veered off my recomended diet for a few months and I'm starting to see the effects. Bleah.

Ginger tea and aloe vera are right up ayurveda's alley. Go get ginger powder from provision shops and stir it up in hot water to make the tea.

Comment

I am usually feeling bloated but i love to drink milk. oh no...

Comment

I was a colic baby and i get bloated very easily. When it gets real bad, my stomach would hurt and even panadol extras doesn't help. I've given up soft drinks to control my problem and it helped alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasia
                  Hi ataraxia

I was wondering if you might have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), which is quite a common problem. It sounds like you've been quite stressed, which can make it worse. Do you have any food intolerances, as they can trigger it too.

Have a look at this link here to see what it is all about.

Are you able to get hold of some Aloe Vera juice? I know some people swear by it and say that it is very good for the digestive system.

Hope that helps, and hope you feel better soon!
                  that's so right!!! I've been diagnosed with IBS forever. Really Thanks for the link!

My diet is rich in salt, so I guess there's a huge answer right there.

Paphio: that sounds about right! i remember your 'diagnosis' in a thread once which was really accurate. sounds like i should check it out again.

thanks so much girsl!

Comment

Just a quick query: Does drinking beer bloats the tummy too?

Comment

Originally posted by strawberry_lush
                      Does drinking beer bloats the tummy too?
                      Yup, any form of alcohol can certainly aggravate it. As can fizzy drinks.

HTH!

Comment

After eating some KFC yesterday, it has made me incredbily bloated!

Anyway, I headed off to my local healthshop and the supervisor told me to stock up on Peppermint Tea and take 50mg of Acidophilus (a source of friendly bacteria) once or twice a day.

That's it really

Comment

I find that ginger tea helps to ease my bloatedness..

Comment

thankful to this thread. i suffered this too.
                            i have many kind of medicine oil like Shiang Biao Oil, Kwun Long Oil, Axe Oil and the medicine oil for baby use one.

but these oil only help a bit. the gas just cannot poot poot easily. I even ate the medicine which to abdominal gas/wind, but seems useless too.

After reading this thread find that secret suggest Super instant ginger tea works on her, may go to supermarket tonight!!

Comment

I think u might want to find out what actually cause u to bloat and tackle the root of the problem. Could it be a certain kind of food or due to irregular bowel movement?

I'm a colic baby, and bloatedness is part of my life.
                              So there are certain foods that i don't take, and fizzy drinks are a no-no.

Comment

Working...
                              X