Apple Cider Vinegar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Cider Vinegar

anyone tried drinking acv to lose weight? does it really help to lose weight? can share ur experience?

I have taken this before, but the aim at that time was to encourage good bowel movement, not to lose weight. Finished 2 bottles of it and nope, I didn't lose any weight in those 2 months In fact, the reason why I stopped taking ACV was because it is so acidic that I feel my teeth being weaken by it and it stirred up my gastric juice quite a bit too

Comment

oh yes, do be careful when drinking this regularly coz of the acidity. best to drink this diluted (although i can't imagine having this any other way). and also drink through a straw to prevent damage to teeth.

Comment

lost weight?
        not sure whether it works but it certainly makes me hungrier!

moderation is the best way to go...
        if everyone drinks vinegar and they lost kilos, diet pills and diet supplements companies will go burst!

Comment

I can't seem to find Braggs's Apple Cider Vinegar anywhere now. I prefer the unfiltered version over those filtered ones.

Anyone knows or seen it somewhere lately?

Comment

I have seen and in fact bought the unfiltered ones from Unity Healthcare Pharmacy before. I got mine from the Tampines Mall branch

Just a follow-on to what Mich mentioned, I mixed 1-2 teaspoons of ACV (cannot remember exactly) + some honey + a glass of water. But for those with gastric problem, it is really not advisable to take this concoction at all
            Last edited by Vonn; 12-05-2004, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I took this b4 too in the same way vonnie describe, on the belief that it will help to clear up my scars.. but it does nothing for me other then to assure I have regular bowel movement.. which is already fairly regular in the first place!

I still have 3/4 left which I dun bother to take anymore :/

Comment

I have been drinking ACV on a regular basis for more than a year, if not more. I think it is said to help one to lose weight in the sense that it encourages bowel movement.

Sometime back, I suffered from a severe constipation problem for a long time. This problem stopped when I started taking ACV (1tbsp or 3 tsp) mixed in 1/2 glass of lukewarn water first thing in the morning and at least 30 mins before breakfast, on a regular basis. Also found this to help as a form of mild detox on a daily basis, and to some extent, in suppressing cold and flu-like symptoms, particularly sore throat (I can't even remember the last time I'd a cold or flu ). But it has to be taken on a long-term basis for it to work. Not forgetting that it works wonders after a heavy meal and you think you need some help with your digestion.

I guess I am one of the rare people who actually likes to drink ACV.
                I can even take it undiluted but this has to be followed by sips of water. Like it best when mixed together with some slightly sweet cold drinks, such as cold barley, cold longan drink and fruit-based drinks, juices or cocktails.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewel
                  I can't seem to find Braggs's Apple Cider Vinegar anywhere now. I prefer the unfiltered version over those filtered ones.

Hi gal, sorry, late to this thread. But would like to let you know that I've bought the unfiltered one from Nature's Farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewel

i get mine from "jason's" super mart at city hall-raffles city shopping centre!

Comment

Thanks gals!

Comment

i've tried this but it stir up my gastric problem.. at the end i got to use this on my doggie instead.......i mix the ACV with water and bath her after the regular shampoo..

Comment

I just bought my first Braggs's Apple Cider Vinegar (mix with honey) for my sore throat and I actually like the taste But I'm not sure how much must I drink a day to soothe my throat.

vtan, are you drinking it three times a day?

Comment

Hey, anyone try this as a toner? Seem like MUA has quite a few good comment on it!

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=52238/Bragg's_Apple_Cider_Vinegar/Unlisted_Brand/Toners/

Comment

i used to drink braggs acv religiously every morning with honey. no difference to my weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X