Heatiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatiness

Is there any teas or TCM that brings down body temperature? I'm not refering to fever, just that sometimes i feel that my body is 'boiling'...

i drink luo han guo most of the time. if i get too "heaty" i break out it seems to work and cool myself down but if i drink too much too near my period, it would be late.

Comment

u can try water chestnut

is there any TCM shop/ medicinal hall near your house/ workplace? nowadays a lot of these TCM sells those instant type of 'liang cha' where you just need to add water to them and voila instant 'liang cha'. they are quite effective, i brought along a few sachets when travelling and it helped me cool down

Comment

TCM = ???

Comment

TCM = Traditional Chinese Medicine

Try barley water or jin yin hua (honey suckle flower) with chrysanthemum

Comment

opps sorry, TCM = traditional chinese medicine

Comment

oh thanks

not many can take "cooling tea" actually
              when my body is "boiling", i drinks tons of water with lemon
              my prescription to purge out the toxins!

Comment

Dear Viv, heatiness is associated with toxins? Lemon helps? Ok, shall try...

Thanks all!

Comment

I bought this 'yan sam sou', ginseng root, from Eu Yan Sang, they said it's able to 'cool' down the body. Anyone tried?

Comment

Originally posted by huili
                    Dear Viv, heatiness is associated with toxins? Lemon helps? Ok, shall try...

Thanks all!
                    when u are not well, all kinds of "gunk" in ur bodies, i see it as toxins
                    so basically drink more water, lemon is like an acid to me, not too much though

as for that ginseng root, i dont like it but i will drink it
                    too much of it, i will have tummy probs ie, running to the toilet!

Comment

actually a lot of those TCM places sell instant chrysanthemum tea, luo han guo, water chestnut, can buy those to drink, sweet and yummy and cool down your body too

Comment

I'm very prone to heatiness too. My remedy: chrysanthemum tea, pearl barley water, china barley water, ginseng root tea (this one is really cooling, to be taken in moderation).

Comment

silly question.. how do we know if you are "heaty" ?

Comment

Originally posted by snowstar
                            silly question.. how do we know if you are "heaty" ?
                            On me, I either start getting spots, wake up in the morning with too much "gunk" in my eyes, my cheeks feels quite rosy, or I flare up in a bad rash.

I guess everybody has different sypmtoms though, like my mum gets bad toothache, or a sore tongue.

Comment

my lips get really really red and dry. always happens when i don't get enough sleep & water too

Comment

Working...
                              X