X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaxseed Oil

Hi girls,

Any idea where to buy?

Anyone eating this supplement? Is it good?

I read that its a good source of omega 3.

I think i need that cos I have got eczema. Getting flare-ups recently due to hot weather and getting bad..

Getting very depressed because of the flare -ups

Urgh, me too! My eczema is raging out of control these days, cos the heat just won't go away. It was like that for a few weeks earlier this year, then the weather cooled down, and my eczema got better. Then it came back with a vengeance.

I started taking GNC evening primrose (omega 6s) and fish oils (omega 3s) 6 mths ago in a bid to control my eczema, but it doesn't seem to be working.

The only thing that does work is staying in the aircon 24/7.....hmmm.....that might just be cheaper than the small fortune I've spent on supplements!

Comment

Oh you got these problem too.. Its really stressful when people start staring at you because of the flare-ups. I m going for my photoshoot in two weeks time. I really dunno what to do.

I went to see Joyce Lim Skin and Laser Clinic. She gave me some steriods and the flare-up did subside but they are resurfacing because my medicine are finished. I really dont think its a good idea to consume steriods because they increase my appetite and have various side effects

I m really at my wit's end.

Read from the web that flaxseeds oil can help. I m just pinning my hopes on it. The weather is a killer!

Comment

I was given steroid cream to apply. It worked, but it's not supposed to be for long term use as steroids can thin your skin. I find that calendula cream works equally well -- even the stubbornest rashes will start to heal after 2 days -- without the side-effects of steroids. But still, can't stop the rash from creeping to new spots, so maybe you could just apply all over your body for the next 2 weeks as a preventive measure!

Comment

Where can you buy calendula cream? is this some sort of steriod cream? I m tryign to refrain from all steriods..

i really need that just in case ...
          Last edited by Glossie; 17-07-2005, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Nono calendula is some kind of plant/flower, it's natural substance.

Comment

Originally posted by nymphette
              Where can you buy calendula cream? is this some sort of steriod cream? I m tryign to refrain from all steriods..
              Calendula is a herb, so it's a completely natural product, not a steroid. That's why it doesn't give you the negative side-effects of synthetic drugs like steroids. I've been using it in place of my steroid cream for the past 6 months and it's my HG!

I get mine from the organic supermarket at Tanglin Mall, Brown Rice Paradise. The brand is Weleda and the cream is called Eczema Comp. Cream. Can't recall the exact price -- my memory's like a sieve -- but it was definitely WAY under $20 for a tube that lasts me 3 months.

By the way, I keep mine in the fridge, and when it's applied to itchy skin, it calms the itch instantly!

Comment

Thank you Pronuptia!!!!
                Last edited by Glossie; 17-07-2005, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Hi ladies,

I suffer from ezcema too. Had it since I was a baby

I'm always on the look out for ways to manage it, so will be on the look out for Calendula the next time I hit the shops!

Anyway, I came across this article which gives some helpful advice on alternative ways to manage the condition.

Not sure if any of you have come across these 2 creams? Elidel andProtopic. Both are these are non-steriod. I use Protopic, and find it to be quite good when my ezcema is really bad; but still, I try not to use it too often.

My eczema is raging out of control these days, cos the heat just won't go away. It was like that for a few weeks earlier this year, then the weather cooled down, and my eczema got better
                  Oddly enough, my eczema gets much better when the weather starts to get warmer! The English cold weather makes mine really bad. In fact, when I go to places like Spain etc, and start sunbathing, my ezcema dissapears! I think a bit of UV rays (but with care) helps me a great deal!

Comment

sorry to be dense.. so where can we find flaxseed oil? my sis takes this ( she lives in HK ) and it has helped her contact dermatitis tremendously =)

also read that the ratio of omega 3 : omega 6 = 2 : 1

Comment

I've found flaxseed oil at Nature's Farm and I think GNC also has it. It comes as a soft gel, liquid form or natural (seeds). The SA from Natures Farm told me I could sprinkle the flaxseed onto my cereal or just munch on them like pumpkin seeds. I'm too lazy so I'm taking the soft gel pills

HTH!

angie

Comment

thanks dear! i will go for the flaxseed itself - sounds more natural. sis doctor suggested she take them with a bit of olive oil and bread else it will be too dry. hope this info helps someone =)

Comment

i mix ground flaxseeds into my ketchup and chilli sauce. very yum!

Comment

Hi hi,

i think flaxseed also helps to digest fats.

Anyway i'm taking Vitahealth Vegiecaps Flaxseed oil 100mg. I bought this from John Little $16.05/ 90Capsules.

Today bought from GNC Natural Brand Flaxseed oil 1000 for $35.95/180 capsules before member discount. After discount $28.76, slightly cheaper than Vitahealth.

Acutally am suppose to take just 1 cap per day. Me KS, took 3 caps per day (Over doses already)

But so far so good. Nails looks veri healthy (Abit shiny), face quite moisturize.

Hths

Comment

Hey girls, interesting topic... I am feeding my two furballs on Flaxseed oil...

Maybe I should try too..

Comment

Working...
                              X